Thread: its all gr8 but when i click start recording .. nothing happen!!

Default its all gr8 but when i click start recording .. nothing happen!!

simply all working gr8 and when i run the "client/LiveStreamRecord.html" file and give the stream name my "filename.flv" then click play >> ok it plays but when i click start recording nothing seems to be changed while nothing in the output folder "content" i really been a days in this and i cant find what is wrong .. any help?

cheers

You should be playing a live stream, not a file. Set up an application with StreamType "live", then publish a live stream, then play that stream, eg myStream, then record that. Then you should see file named myStream.flv recorded to the content folder. Otherwise, tell us in detail everything you have done to set this up, how you are publishing and what errors you are getting. Run Wowza in stand-alone (bin/startup.bat) mode so you can see log output in the console

Richard

i want to record from my webcam not to play any stream or even a file but this is the test i found in the "client" folder as the readme file say in the video recording sample of wowza media server.
    am i on the right track?

faithology,

Some tips:

You're on the right track. Click on the install.bat for the VideoRecording Example to install it. Also, look at the .bat file with a text editor so you can see what it does. Make sure everything is installed correctly. Run Wowza from the command line or from the Start Menu so you can see the logging messages in real time as you experiment.

pardon me, i cant find install.bat, where is it
    am running this experiments right on amazon EC2.
    plus, it gives me "failed to play stream, myStream "
    any guidance what should i do to make it work?
    Last edited by faithiology; 06-24-2012 at 05:38 AM.

If you install Wowza on your local dev machine (you can use a developer license) you will find an /examples folder which include client files (Flash, Silverlight, and others) that can be run from your local file system or copied to a web server. These examples point to Wowza at "localhost", e.g. "rtmp://localhost:1935/vod". You will need to change "localhost" to the EC2 public DNS (or ElasticIP)

For a production ready Flash RTMP client, take a look at JW Player:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....h-Wowza-Server

Richard

i feel that am not makin' it clear, all i want to do is to record from the webcam , i did this with the HDFVR software but with the trial version and now its expired so i know that the wowza is working properly but the problem is that i cant make the example of "LiveStreamRecord_3.0" operate as it should be, i used the "LiveStreamRecord.html" in the "client" folder and i gave it the file recorded before which is "myrec.flv" and it plays it good but when i click start recording nothing happen.. i have no clue why it is acting like that?
    that is where i need the help
    by the way i use the EC2 environment and its online now.

Richard, i wanna know if i can record with the JW player ? will it replace the app in the "client" folder?

Thanx for all this support you guys r so supportive
    Last edited by faithiology; 06-24-2012 at 06:17 AM.

finaly, i downloaded the trial version of the Wowza MS and used the examples ... and it works fine

thanx for all supportive guys here.