Thread: iPad/iPhone will not play file

Default iPad/iPhone will not play file

Using Expressions to convert a windows media file to h264. Using Baseline H264 profile with video set to 291 kbps and audio set to 32 kbps. Do this all the time and usually do not have an issue, but once in a while I get some that won't stream on iOS after the conversion. However, they DO stream on Android and Blackberry via rtsp. Any ideas?

Is there any clue in the access log when you start playback? Wowza logs encoding details and might show a message regarding playback on some iOS devices.

Richard

There is nothing in the error log. In the access log, it looks like a normal entry, although off hand I don't know all the columns. But there is nothing noticeable. I could post the entry if that would help.

Is there a way to analyze a file? Any tools that you know of? Again, plays correctly via rtsp to Blackberry and Android. But not to iPad via http. Lots of other files have no issues.

Do you have a Wowza m3u8 url that we can try? You can send it to support@wowza.com.

Send an example of one that works and one that doesn't. And copy the non-working file to a web server and send a link to download it if that is necessary.

Include a link to this thread.

Richard

Done. All information included.