Thread: moving between several wowza based hosts

Default moving between several wowza based hosts

is there a mechanism built-in to wowza or has been devised for the situation where if I (as a buyer of hosted wowza services from any number of wowza based hosts) decide to move from wowza host a on dedicated server to wowza host be on AWS/Wowza to other-wowza/etc...

that i could have same urls in my html code (i am talking about updating thousands of urls (one for each video) and how to avoid the trap of re-hand coding all urls if i move)

Too late to use domain name, but that would have been the best practice for this eventuality. I suppose you could leverage the 302 redirect method used by the Wowza load balancer, but I don't think that will be any easier, would still require changes in the client

Richard

how about this:

suppose i go with a wowza host and my js is like this:

streamer: 'rtmp://stream.s15.cpanelservices.com/my-account-with-wowza-host/',
                        provider: 'rtmp'
    and json is like this:

{  
                    "title": "RTMP-ONE",
                    "video_url": "mp4:my-video.mp4"

so suppose the host ends up not working out, and I go to another host,

is it logical that I would not need to change the json urls (hundreds of them) and would only need to change

to

streamer: 'rtmp://NEW-stream.s15.cpanelservices.com/my-NEW-account-with-NEW-wowza-host/',

meaning, is

mp4:my-video.mp4

wowza based and would transfer to any wowza server?

Take a look at this example, see if it helps, should be a useful starting place or reference:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ylists-for-iOS

Richard

i dont see the correlation

i am talking about avoidable updating thousands of urls

is this:

mp4:my-video.mp4

a wowza url that would work in any wowza server as long as the parent code

e.g.

to

streamer: 'rtmp://NEW-stream.s15.cpanelservices.com/my-NEW-account-with-NEW-wowza-host/',

was changed?

Right, of course, if the filename on the server has not changed you don't have to change that, just the streamer.

Richard