Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how can change folder of wowza log files?

Question how can change folder of wowza log files?

I, i need to change the folder of wowza log's files. i have this files in /usr/local/WowzaMediaServer-3.0.5/logs. i need change that for /home/wowza_logs any help?

You can set the file location for each log file in their Appender in the /conf/log4j.properties file. For example the Access appender has this line:

log4j.appender.serverAccess.File=${com.wowza.wms.ConfigHome}/logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log

Change the path in that line, then restart Wowza.

Richard

i need change the location for all log files in to this folder. i can do it?

thanks for your quickly answer Richard.

Richard, the new folder is in a different location to the path of wowza install. That is becouse i need put this logs files in another partiion of disk. becouse this files is very big.

Just enter the exact path, do not use the Wowza environment variables. Any local path should work. You do need the write permissions for user Wowza is run as to allow Wowza to write to that location.

Richard

Thanks. so, this line: log4j.appender.serverAccess.File=${com.wowza.wms.ConfigHome}/logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log

is: log4j.appender.serverAccess.File=/home/wowza_logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log

that's right?

Yes, looks right

Richard

Richard, i changed this line and log file keep doing the same. not write in the new location.

this is the line: log4j.appender.serverAccess.File=/home/wowza_logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log

Is it a permission problem? Do you see any log output in Wowza console if you start Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode?

Richard

is alinux server, where can see that?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast