Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can create publishing points dynamically without restarting the server ?

Question How can create publishing points dynamically without restarting the server ?

Hi,

How can i create publishing points dynamically without restarting the server?

You do not have to re-start Wowza to add an application. It will be available as soon as you create the application folder and conf folder with Application.xml. You should create /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml first and make the necessary configuration changes, then create /applications/[app-name], so it is not started until you have finished configuration.

Richard

hi Richard,
    i wish to create folder dynamically based on meeting id to publish and record my live stream. for example while two persons chat i have provide common meeting id and based on that id i need to create folder with id name inside content folder. how to do that?

Hi
    This is possible but will require a custom module to cover the functionality you are referring to.

You can write your own module or if you require a consultant you can ask for the independent consultants list.
    If you require a consultant and wish to obtain this list send you request to support@wowza.com

Jason

hi Jason,
    i have created custom module to create directory inside application folder with my metting id. also i could able to record file inside that. now i need to take a list of file names inside that folder. i have tried ModuleVideoNameList code but i could retrive only last entered file name. any idea instead of suggest consultants.

Hi
    I did a quick Google search to search a directory for files and sub-directories using Java and found this,
    http://www.exampledepot.com/egs/java.io/GetFiles.html
    Hope that's enough info to help you.

Jason

Hi,
    i have tried with the functionallity which u point out above in my code like
    public void onConnect(IClient client, RequestFunction function,
    AMFDataList params) {
    userId= getParamString(params,PARAM1);
    client.getAppInstance().setStreamStorageDir(AppPath+"/"+userId);
    storageDir = AppPath+"/"+userId;

getLogger().info("onConnect: " + client.getClientId());
    getLogger().info("onConnect userid: " + userId);
    File dir = new File(storageDir);
    String[] nameList = dir.list();
    getLogger().info("FileLength: "+nameList.length);
    if(nameList==null)
    {
    //empty folder
    }else
    {
    for(int i=0;i<=nameList.length;i++)
    {
    String FileName = nameList[i];
    getLogger().info("FileName: "+FileName);
    }
    }

}
    but i am not getting any log details after getting client id.

Take a look at this example for how to traverse files in Wowza content folder:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....tent-location)

Richard

hi,
    Thanks for the above link, i have tried and it works great. now i have to get live streams, for example if two users login at a time and started to publish their own and the other user have to play the published video. for that i need to provide stream name dynamically. how to get other users live stream name?

There is a working example of one approach here:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...V-Chat-example

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast