Wowza Community

Audio Sample Rate Issues

Hi,

For live events a feed is provided via HD/SDI (embedded audio), which is passed to two VBrick H.264 encoders that send the RTMP streams to Wowza 3.1.1. The stream is then viewed using jwPlayer 5.9.

If I set the audio sample rate to 48Khz in the encoders we experience audio syncing issues, but at a perfect pitch. If I set the audio sample rate to 44.1Khz, the audio syncing issues no longer exists, but the pitch is much lower and very obvious.

Any ideas as to how I can solve this.

thanks

Andy

Andy,

I’m not sure what to suggest. We do know that 44.1khz is ideal for Flash and iOS. It’s interesting that you get sync issues at 48kHz. Maybe it would be better if it was recorded at that rate?

Richard

Also, it might be that the audio is out of sync to begin with, but Flash player is better able to adjust with the 44.1Hz audio. Take a look at this Property setting to debug audio/video sync

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-debug-aac-or-mp3-timecode-issues-with-apple-hls-packetization

Richard

Also, it might be that the audio is out of sync to begin with, …

Richard

I better not tell the media guys that. I will go missing. :stuck_out_tongue:

I will look at the link you sent me and let you know. If you have any more ideas, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy