Thread: newbie confused questions

Default newbie confused questions

hi,
    i just came to know Wowza and it looks awesome, but i am confused, i have a client who wants to have a new websites where i create page where users can upload their videos then videos can be watched either free or by pay per view.
    now the development part is known for me, what is not known is how i can optimize wowza for CDN? i mean as you all know CDN will make users experience way better and faster and with Images Galleries that we developed in the past, it was easy, users upload their images to our server, and then we Use CDN Origin Pull method to fetch the Uploaded Images from our Servers and distribute it over CDN, but with Wowza i am lost, i don't know how this can happen, plus Videos are large and not like images, so could someone shed some light on this matter please.

thanks in advanced,

You can do pull if your CDN will set that up with CDN edge servers pulling from a Wowza origin. You publish to the origin. Most will not do that, so another approach is to push to the CDN

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....vice-providers

Richard

thank you so much for reply, i want to buy a license but i am still confused, why most wont do that ? and the Push approach, is there any sample ? it is said in the page that it requires advanced java skills and i am not Java programmer

if i was not clear, what i want the Most is VOD, another thing is how can i point Wowza to those files on CDN? and will it stream the VOD to all devices?

There isn't a way to involve a CDN with Wowza for vod streaming. You can scale vod delivery with Wowza edge cluster using MediaCache

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....nd-scalability

Richard

thank you for reply when i say VOD it is something like you tube right ?

so those partners on your page are CDN partners for Live streaming only ? and when you said Push to CDN earlier, you meant Live streams right ?

regarding mediacache, this means that i have to set up a wowza server in each content for example and use them to pull the files from the origin server, and in this way users will get files from the closest node, right ?

That's right, except the part about getting files from the closest node. There is nothing built-in to Wowza or EC2.

Richard