Thread: Playing Files from Other Containers (Rackspace CDN)

Default Playing Files from Other Containers (Rackspace CDN)

Hey Guys!

I have a question around using the media cache to stream mp3s from our CDN, in this case we're using Rackspace. I've noticed that the first mp3 to be streamed through the media cache works perfectly, without any errors whatsoever. However, when I try to play another file from a different container through the media cache, I'm faced with the following error:

WARN server comment - MediaCacheItemHTTPImpl.getItemInfo[c352324.r24.cf1.rackcdn.com/mix_TeardeWallsDown_SHORT_1.mp3]: HTTP response: 404
    WARN server comment - MediaCacheItemBase.init: Item does not exist: http/c352324.r24.cf1.rackcdn.com/mix_TeardeWallsDown_SHORT_1.mp3
    ERROR server comment - open: java.io.IOException: MediaCacheRandomAccessReader.open: Item not in cache: http/c352324.r24.cf1.rackcdn.com/mix_TeardeWallsDown_SHORT_1.mp3
    I'm using WMS version 3.1.1

Any insight?

Let me clarify a bit more, the files DO exist in the CDN, just in different containers. I am playing a smil playlist on server startup and then trying to stream another mp3 through the media cache. The smil playlist and mp3 I'm trying to stream after are in 2 separate containers.

There were some recent fixes to Media Cache. If you are an EC2 user, the description is here. I would suggest trying the latest Media Cache.

-Lisa

Hey Lisa,

Yeah, I'm going to try out the hot fix you sent me! I'll be sure to post an update, thanks so much.

Hey Guys,

Update... the hot fix worked perfectly, thanks!

Thanks for the update, glad it's working.

Richard