Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to solve Format problem in Stored file in nDVR?

Default How to solve Format problem in Stored file in nDVR?

Hi,

I followed the link http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?300,

when i play this url "http://[wowza-address]:1935/dvr/myStream/manifest.f4m?DVR", the stream content is stored in a M4FA file format..

But I want to save the content in flv format..How to make it save in flv file format. Is this possible in nDVR to store as flv file?

Thanks,
    Divya.

For the purposes of nDVR it is not possible. If you just want to record .flv files you can use StreamType "live-record"

Richard

Thank you Richard,

Is nDVR is possible with stream type "live-record"? If possible then What is the difference between nDVR with "live" and nDVR with "live-record"?

I tested nDVR with stream type "live-record", then the stream stored as .flv file format as you said..Is it good to use "live-record" in nDVR rather than "live"?

Kindly clear me..

Did DVR features work with live-record stream type? Were the dvr files written at the same time as the .flv file? If so it should work like that, but it might be much for one disk. You might need a RAID 0 disk array with at least 2 disks.

Richard

Yes, DVR features working with live-record stream type. (.flv) files are stored in content folder when i use stream type as live-record.

I have a doubt regarding dvr files in m4fa format. How can I play the stream content in m4fa format later? Which player support m4fa format to play? eg:vlc

player support .flv file. So I can play the recorded stream later..Likewise can I play the m4fa file later?

You have the .flv now for later playback... You can record .mp4 instead of .flv by adding mp4: prefix to the stream name in the encoder. Stream name "mp4:myStream" will be recorded to myStream.mp4

Richard

Thank you Richard,
    When I stream video in vp6 format, then I can see only blank video in "http://[wowza-address]:1935/dvr/myStream/manifest.f4m?DVR" but in H.264 format i

can see the streaming video. But When i Stream with H.264 format no .flv file is stored in content..

Is there a chance to play m4fa file for later playback using any conversions? Can I see streaming video with nDVR in vp6 format itself?

Kindly reply me...

Video must be h.264 for nDVR.

I don't understand, I thought this was working for you: DVR was working and you were geting an .flv for playback later. I do not think those nDVR files can be used for playback later outside of the nDVR system.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    Video must be h.264 for nDVR.

I don't understand, I thought this was working for you: DVR was working and you were geting an .flv for playback later. I do not think those nDVR files can be used for playback later outside of the nDVR system.

Richard
    That's correct, the files created by nDVR are meant to be played by the nDVR system, not outside of it.

Thank you Richard and Scott...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast