Thread: The empty password for live streaming is supported if set PublishMethod to "digest"?

Default The empty password for live streaming is supported if set PublishMethod to "digest"?

Hello,

I have a question about the publish password for live streaming and vod, if the publish password is empty, wowza support this scenario?

1. Set PublishMethod to "digest" in ../conf/live/Application.xml and ../conf/vod/Application.xml.
    2. Open ../conf/publish.password, set user is 'admin', password is empty.
    3. start the wowza server.

If the external server connect to Wowza server publish point with empty password, wowza can support this scenario?

Thanks.

Hi
    I don't think that will work, you could try it of course but I suspect that the pop-up username/password authentication will not be displayed Or it will not accept [blank] in the password section.
    If you do try it out please feel free to post the result.

Jason

Luciewang,

Please do not create two accounts and ask the same questions. It dilutes support resources.

That account is not mine, it's my colleague, we got this empty issue from customer and need to solve it immediatly, and know if wowza support this behavior.
    Before post this question, we don't think we know this question has post already.
    OK, we can discuss this issue in that theread.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    Luciewang,

Please do not create two accounts and ask the same questions. It dilutes support resources.

Thank you Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Hi
    I don't think that will work, you could try it of course but I suspect that the pop-up username/password authentication will not be displayed Or it will not accept [blank] in the password section.
    If you do try it out please feel free to post the result.

Jason