Wowza Community

Live streaming for Blackberry and Anroid

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to get live streaming working on blackberry and anroid phone. I got is working on IPhone and in flash player for desktop.

Can someone please post application.xml and other file that works with blackberry and anroid phones. I try every single tutorial from wowza website.

When I try to connect from blackberry i see log in wowza screen that it’s trying to start stream, but it get’s disconnected. I also notice message “stream unpublish”.

When I get this working I will post all step by step tutorial here.

Thanks,

AP

Take a look at these guides:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-an-application-for-rtsp-rtp-streaming

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-troubleshoot-rtsp-rtp-playback

Richard

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to get live streaming working on blackberry and anroid phone. I got is working on IPhone and in flash player for desktop.

Can someone please post application.xml and other file that works with blackberry and anroid phones. I try every single tutorial from wowza website.

When I try to connect from blackberry i see log in wowza screen that it’s trying to start stream, but it get’s disconnected. I also notice message “stream unpublish”.

When I get this working I will post all step by step tutorial here.

Thanks,

AP

My dear friend,

I seriously recommend that you try WOWISAT TV app. Their solution is ideal for all channels created using WOWZA. If you have a channel you wish to add (in the form of a url like http://www.mystation.com/playlist.m3u8) - you can add it and then view it in their “Jukebox” player. This allows you to watch your channel as if you had an LCD TV!

Personally, i think its a great app.

If you want to promote your own channel, it allows you to do so, however, i think there’s a review process of all channels you have to go through. Once its reviewed, you get new automatic channel updates with everyone’s new channel. Its super fast and really makes wowza look good.

You can even mix audio channels and video channels even.

I asked them already if they have an Android version coming out - its on its way! I know they are working now on a blackberry release also.

J

So UDP ports are wide open? The audio is AAC not MP3? You have enabled and are using port 554? Were you able to stream from Wowza mobile example? What do you see in the logs when you try to playback on Android? One way to see if UDP ports are the issue, is look for a pattern of RTPUDPTransport.bind lines in the access log followed by unbind when you try to play a stream on the device, something like this.

RTPUDPTransport.bind[live/_definst_]: /10.0.167.8:6982
RTPUDPTransport.bind[live/_definst_]: /10.0.167.8:6983
-- might be a few intervening log lines here, then:
RTPUDPTransport.unbind[live/_definst_]: /10.0.167.8:6982
RTPUDPTransport.unbind[live/_definst_]: /10.0.167.8:6983

Richard

Thanks for you reply, but I checked both of those links before posting on this form.