Wowza Community

Live stream works on iPad but not on iPhone or Android.

Hello, I am using Wowza on Amazon EC2. I am using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder to Stream into the instance. The stream works fine on PC and iPad. But it does not work on iPhone or Android.

THIS STREAM WORKS ON IPAD BUT NOT ON IPHONE

http://ec2-23-21-66-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com:1935/live/stream/playlist.m3u8

THIS STREAM DOES NOT WORK ON ANDROID

rtsp://ec2-23-21-66-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com:1935/live/stream

What can I do to make sure this is working on iPhone and Android?

Also, is it possible to have two live streams going on a Wowza server? How would that work?

Probably the FMLE stream settings are not compatible. Some info from Apple here on the different requirements for the different devices.

“Also, is it possible to have two live streams going on a Wowza server? How would that work?”

Just publish another stream (with a different stream name) to the live app somehow. For example, from another computer running FMLE.

Another option is sanjose streaming from a Flash OSMF player. You can use this player, which is implemented with an embed you copy to your web page from its configurator:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-strobe-media-playback-with-a-wowza-media-server

Richard

That’s my understanding too. rtsp is best for Android.

Richard

I’m having a somewhat related issue. Not sure if it’s worth starting a new thread. I’m testing HLS with Android 4.1 using a live m3u8 playlist. The file plays fine on iPad. In Chrome Browser on Nexus 7 I can hear the audio using a standard

Using Adobe FMLE 3.2

H.264 (Baseline 3.0) @ 350kbps, 320x240, 15fps

mp3 audio @ 64kbps

Anyone reporting a similar issue?

I’ve got rtsp working but I’m looking for a way to play the video inline within the Chrome browser on 4.1.

HLS seems to be the only option unless I’m missing something.

I’ve been keeping an eye on HLS streaming on Android. With Chrome 18 on Android 4.1 it looks like HLS streams are now playing inline within the browser. When using the same embed code that works for Safari on iOS (HTML5

I’d go with RTSP for android devices. I find that hls support is spotty at best, and since flashplayer for android will be removed from the play store as of August 15, san jose will be a no-op on android soon.

elcapitan26,

Mp3 is not supported for Android RTSP. You’ll need to re-encode, perhaps with the Wowza Transcoder to support RTSP on Android.

There’s not much for streaming in the browser on Android. Maybe some plugin? VLC, Quicktime?