Thread: Live Stream from Android to Wowza

Default Live Stream from Android to Wowza

Hi Everyone!

I'm new in Wowza, but I read a lot in Quickstarts, Tuturials and Forum, and everyone explains how to play videos on Android, but my problem is Stream from Android.

There is any example how to send live streaming from Android camera to the Wowza server?

I tried SpyDroid but it starts a local streaming server, doesn't send the stream.

I have also tried Re-Streaming with SpyDroid that is not what I want, because that consumes a lot of resources in the device, but I have also the error CSeq less than zero. Maybe a software problem.

Can anyone help me to stream from Android to Wowza?

Thanks!

There is a contribution in the Wowza Showcase Forum called BigVEncoder I believe can do streaming to Wowza. You might also search the net for "Livu" encoder. The author makes his API available and it may have been ported to different devices. Also, search for VLC Player Beta for Android.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    There is a contribution in the Wowza Showcase Forum called BigVEncoder I believe can do streaming to Wowza. You might also search the net for "Livu" encoder. The author makes his API available and it may have been ported to different devices. Also, search for VLC Player Beta for Android.
    That applications are paid and have their owners. I want to buy my Wowza server and develop my application, but I don't know how can I stream from Android to Wowza server...there are same implementation manual or example?

You can use a Flash app on Android 2.2+ to stream from Android. It should work; how well will depend on bandwidth mostly I think.

Richard

I don't want to use Flash because it's not compatible with a lot of devices (all with less than 600mhz)