Wowza Community

publish rtmp with user id and password

Hi,

I gave the following to use the user id and password so that we can give a demo for a remote user to publish his stream

1. I tried Flash media live encoder. It connects to the server using user name nad password but when we test using longtail flash player

we dont see any output. We tried to disable the username and password but it still fails.

1. can u let us know how to pass user name and password using ffmpeg

ffmpeg -i priest.mp4 -c:v libx264 -b:v 512k -s 640x360 -c:a copy -f flv “rtmp://localhost/tv/livestream?myuser&mypassword”

but it doesnt connect.

May be same problem here also

Couldnt find any eg for rtmp .

I am attaching the application xml file

George

true

live

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming

digest

none

senderreport

base

Base

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleCore

properties

Properties

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleProperties

logging

Client Logging

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleClientLogging

flvplayback

FLVPlayback

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFLVPlayback

ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

com.wowza.wms.plugin.security.ModuleRTMPAuthenticate

It looks like your RTMP URL is using the SecureURLParms QueryString syntax, but you don’t have that module loaded: https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-do-file-based-rtmp-authentication-with-url-query-strings-onconnectauthenticate2

For “regular” RTMP and RTSP authentication use this syntax: rtmp://username:password@wowzaserver/app/streamname

Also, put -re before -i in your ffmpeg command when input is a VOD file, so it gets streamed at the expected data rate.

FMLE works with the ModuleRTMPAuthenticate. You can try to troubleshoot why it’s not working.

FFmpeg might not work with that module. You should be able to use ModuleSecureURLParams with both encoders.

I tried:

root@localhost:~/Videos# ffmpeg -re -i priest.mp4 -c:v libx264 -b:v 512k -s 640x360 -c:a copy -f flv “rtmp://myuser:mypassword@localhost/tv/livestream”

and got error while sending to wowza

Problem accessing the DNS. (addr: myuser)

rtmp://myuser:mypassword@localhost/tv/livestream: Unknown error occurred

I tried FMLE also and it accepts user id and password but stream doesnt work.

It looks like your RTMP URL is using the SecureURLParms syntax, but you don’t have that module loaded: ModuleSecureURLParams-Security-for-Publishing

Why do u say this… I used ffmpeg and fmle to do this as per above syntax but it doesnt work.

I want to give user id and password to the client to test their stream instead of we doing it…