Thread: maxliveaudiolatency and behindDropAudio

Default maxliveaudiolatency and behindDropAudio

I'm still get confused about maxliveaudiolatency and behindDropAudio setting.

the first questioin:

if maxliveaudiolatency =4s and behindDropAudio=2s , what's the real effect about latency?

I guess the severside will buffer at most 4s audio. But if it find the audio has lagged behind 2s, it starts to drop audio package.

So we can expect the server will try to limit the latency to 2s in most case. Am I right?

the second question:

Does maxliveaudiolatency also work for video? video and auido share the same max latency?

thanks a lot!

The maxaudiolivelatency is simply the size in milliseconds of the server side buffer we maintain for live streaming. It is not a great name for the setting. The behind values are used to control how we throw out media if the connection gets behind. If we are more behind in time delivering a stream then we will start dropping video and audio to try and catch up.

Charlie

Thanks. I got it
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    The maxaudiolivelatency is simply the size in milliseconds of the server side buffer we maintain for live streaming. It is not a great name for the setting. The behind values are used to control how we throw out media if the connection gets behind. If we are more behind in time delivering a stream then we will start dropping video and audio to try and catch up.

Charlie