Wowza Community

Video works in VLC but not in Flash or mobile

I have set up a test Wowza Media Server version 3.1.2. The feed being used is a live IP camera using udp and I am able to see the video using VLC.

codec information:

Audio: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

Video: H264 - MPEG-4

Resolution: 640x480

Frame Rate: 59.942390

Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

When trying to view this via a browser using jwplayer I do not get an error, but I am not able to see the video. I have tested this same setup to view the sample.mp4 video and this worked fine. This is the code used:

Any advice would be appreciated!

Did you start the “camera.stream” in StreamManager? If Application.xml /StreamType is “live” then you have to do that. If you have only Flash RTMP clients, you can use StreamType “rtp-live”, then not have to use StreamManager.

To see what is going on while you test, run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode so you can see log output in the console.

Are you sure it is udp, most IP cameras publish to rtsp url

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming

Otherwise, follow this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder

Richard

Starting the stream in StreamManager is another step in Wowza that is necessary if you are using StreamType “live”:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-use-stream-manager-in-wowza-media-server-3

Run Wowza in stand-alone mode so you can see what is happening. When you start the stream you should see it start in the log output, when you try to play it from the Flash RTMP client you see log output. If you see nothing, then there is a connectivity problem, otherwise you will see log output either indicating success or some problem.

Richard

You are playing the output from Wowza in VLC, or are you playing the source (the URL that is in camera.stream) in VLC?

Is there messaging? There should be a x-event “connect” and x-event “play” when you playback from Flash RTMP client.

Test in Wowza examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/livevideostreaming.html

Server: rtmp://[wowza-address]:1935/live

Stream: camera.stream

Richard

I still can’t tell if you are testing the output of Wowza in VLC or the source. If you are testing output of in VLC, what is the URL you are using, and what does VLC report in Tools > Codec info.

Timecode out of order is a problem with the source. There isn’t a way to fix it in Wowza.

What camera model?

Richard

Does it work with Wowza player: examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/livevideostreaming.html

Richard

From the nalunit property setting it looks like you are following the IP camera guide. If it is UDP, follow this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-publish-and-play-a-live-stream-mpeg-ts-based-encoder

Take a look at the trouble shooting section of that guide.

What camera model?

Richard

The IQA35N has RTSP out:

http://www.iqeye.com/products/alliance-series/alliance-pro.html

I would check the manual, rtsp is the usual way to re-stream from an IP camera. Try this in VLC:

rtsp://[camera-ip]/mp4

http://www.soleratec.com/rtsp/rtsp_listing.php?ip_comp=IQinVision&mymanufact=1

Richard

If it plays in Silverlight it should play in Flash. Show exactly what you put in the player at live.html, the rtmp url in the Server box and stream name Stream box, and what log output you see in Wowza console when you click play.

If not working yet, zip up and send conf and logs folders to support@wowza.com. Include a link to the thread for reference.

Is the camera source on a public IP?

Richard

Let’s continue through the ticket you created yesterday, which was discussed today and is being looked at

Thanks,

Richard

VLC reports ~60fps whereas ffmpeg reports 29.97fps. It looks to be a problem related to interlacing. Perhaps there is a new setting in Wirecast to de-interlace the video?

Hi

This could be a bandwidth issue between the IP camera and Wowza that’s braking the time-codes,

VLC doesn’t use the time-codes (that appear to be broken) thus plays the stream.

Flash does use the time codes which would explain why the stream will not play but connection can be established.

Can you try configuring the camera at a lower bitrate to see if this fixes the issue?

Jason

Hi

When you press play in the Flash player goes is get noted in the Wowza logs now that you are @ 256 (kbps)?

Jason

Hi

Is the flash player you’re using the Wowza example player?

Test in Wowza examples/LiveVideoStreaming/client/livevideostreaming.html

Check the connection and play message in Wowza via the logs.

Just post the logs here if that’s easier.

Jason

Hi

If you are having the same problem and you’ve followed the same steps from the beginning of this thread ie, used the rtmp player that ships with Wowza etc… then you may have to open a ticket yourself.

It will probably be quicker than waiting for this thread to be updated.

Be sure to make a link to this thread for reference.

Jason

Thank you for your quick reply…

The stream is started and I can view it using a VLC viewer, I have tried with and without UDP, the server is unable to connect to the camera unless I set it to UDP.

I have gone through the guide multiple times, and I have made all of the Flash adjustments recommended, nothing seems to make a difference.

Yes, I understand that starting the stream in StreamManager is required… it has been started. I confirmed that is is started and working using the VLC player, there I can view the video and everything looks great.

When I connect using a Flash player, I can see in the console that the connection is made, but no video is displayed in the Flash player.

I apologize, I should have been more clear, I am connecting to the stream from Wowza server using and RTSP connection, that works.

I am seeing "WARN server comment… Timecode out of order, then later Timecodes jumped back in time

I am testing the output of Wowza using VLC, the connection is rtsp://[my ip]:1935/live/camera.stream

codec information from VLC:

Audio: MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)

Video: H264 - MPEG-4

Resolution: 640x480

Frame Rate: 59.942390

Decoded format: Planar 4:2:0 YUV

Application.xml:

true

live

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

cupertinostreamingpacketizer,smoothstreamingpacketizer,sanjosestreamingpacketizer

nalUnitFilter

Integer

${SourceStreamName}.xml,transrate.xml

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/profiles

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/transcoder/templates

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/dvr

append

cupertinostreaming,smoothstreaming,sanjosestreaming

digest

none

senderreport

rtpIgnoreProfileLevelId

true

Boolean

videoIsAligned

false

Boolean

udp

rtspFilterUnknownTracks

true

Boolean

rtspValidationFrequency

Integer

base

Base

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleCore

properties

Properties

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleProperties

logging

Client Logging

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleClientLogging

flvplayback

FLVPlayback

com.wowza.wms.module.ModuleFLVPlayback

I have tried running LiveVideoStreaming and SimpleVideoStreaming examples. Those directories were copied to a web server (different server running under the same primary domain with different sub domains). Neither of those example players show video either.