Thread: no video WowzaMediaServer-3.1.2 and Wirecast 4.1.3

Default no video WowzaMediaServer-3.1.2 and Wirecast 4.1.3

Hello,

I have WowzaMediaServer-3.1.2 and Wirecast 4.1.3, with this configuration I'm able to see video and hear audio that I transmit to rtmp...
    When I update Wirecast to 4.1.4 I can only hear audio.
    I am guessing that the problem is Wirecast but maybe someone had similar problem.

Thanks, Tom

Hi Tom,

Some suggestions:

Look for errors in the Wowza console/logs. Describe the encoding of the ingested stream in detail.

Hello,

I forgot to mention that I am using JWPlayer 5.10.
    I am broadcasting H.264 video over rtsp.
    24 fps, key frame every 5 frames.

I am not sure what else I should mention.
    Below you can see logs from wowza.
    Another problem that I deal with is the delay, I have over 5 seconds but this is something I am not able to solve for long time.
    I have tried to look for help on the forum but apparently my Application.xml file is set up correctly and there is nothing I can do.
    Anyway one problem at a time...

Thanks, Tom

WARN server comment 2012-07-26 10:17:08 - - - - - 84268.409 - - - - - - - - Waiting for RTCP pa
    cket. See docs for (Application.xml: RTP/AVSyncMethod and RTP/MaxRTCPWaitTime).
    WARN server comment 2012-07-26 10:17:12 - - - - - 84272.411 - - - - - - - - RTCPHandler.isTimeS
    yncReady: Hit MaxRTCPWaitTime synchronizing on system clock.
    WARN server comment 2012-07-26 10:20:38 - - - - - 84478.53 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketize
    rSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/live.sdp]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [4.9,5.0,5.0]
    WARN server comment 2012-07-26 10:22:56 - - - - - 84616.119 - - - - - - - - LiveStreamPacketize
    rSmoothStreaming.handlePacket[live/_definst_/live.sdp]: Fragment duration greater than suggested range of 1-4 seconds. Adjust keyframe interval accordingly: Fragment durations: [4.9,5.0,5.0]

What troubleshooting have you done so far? Have you tried resolving those warning messages?

Hi,

To be honest I was trying to look for parameters mentioned in the log but I was not able to find it in Application.xml.

I upgraded from wowza 2 to 3 because I was thinking that it will help me solve problem with video latency. Unfortunately I was wrong and it did not help at all.
    Where I can change mentioned in the logs parameters.

Tom

Change your keyframe interval in Wirecast - go to same amount as your framerate (like 24 for 24fps).

Hi
    Did changing the keyframe interval to what Joexromero said (24) work?
    He's right, you don't need more than 1 keyframe per second and they should really be an interval of each other.

What is the profile of the stream and what's the bitrate?

Jason