Thread: Wirecast on remote machine

Default Wirecast on remote machine

I followed the tutorial on Wirecast and successfully streamed from Wirecast to Wowza and then to the player - all on the Wowza server machine. My next trial was to set up Wirecast on another machine and attempt to broadcast a file in the same way, from the remote machine to the Wowza server. I substituted "localhost" with the IP of the Wowza server in Wirecast: rtmp://172.16.8.25:1935/live

When I hit the broadcast button in Wirecast things seem to be running fine, but when I start the live.html player on the server it says "Failed to play myStream: stream not found". I have tried replacing localhost with the IP in the player, but that doesn't make a difference.

- Paul

Paul,

From the machine running wirecast, open this in a browser:
    http://172.16.8.25:1935
    You should see Wowza version and build number displayed. If not, Wowza is either not running, or port 1935 is blocked by a firewall or not mapped properly in your network to the server running Wowza.

Richard

I can see the Wowza version and build as you mention. Looking at the Terminal on the server, the stream seems to be going through successfully, but I can't view the stream in my browser. Here are some screen shots that might be helpful...

Wirecast:

Wowza Player (on my desktop, not the server):

Stream name is case sensitive and you have upper-case "M" in the encoder and lower-case "m" in the player. Make them the same.

Richard
    Last edited by rrlanham; 07-28-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Thank you very much. That was indeed the problem. - Paul