Thread: Deleting nDVR content

Default Deleting nDVR content

Hi there ... I've DVR recording of 8 hours per day. After certain time, we want to keep only 1 hour out of the 8, usually the third hour
    I have my playback for the 3rd hour set in my system as http://wowzaip:1935/dvr/streamname/m...ration=3600000

How can I delete the first 2 hours and the last 4 (even with a manual process) without having to change the playback URLs?
    If I delete the .m4fv and .m4fa without deleting the manifest files, would that work? (actually I tried and it didn't)

Any advice or the only option would be to change playback url?

Quote Originally Posted by tavius View Post
    Hi there ... I've DVR recording of 8 hours per day. After certain time, we want to keep only 1 hour out of the 8, usually the third hour
    I have my playback for the 3rd hour set in my system as http://wowzaip:1935/dvr/streamname/m...ration=3600000

How can I delete the first 2 hours and the last 4 (even with a manual process) without having to change the playback URLs?
    If I delete the .m4fv and .m4fa without deleting the manifest files, would that work? (actually I tried and it didn't)

Any advice or the only option would be to change playback url?
    There is currently no way to remove parts of the recording. I would not recommend doing this manually, either by deleting files or modifying the manifest.

Scott

Thanks for the answer
    So I guess I could record each hour with a different stream name for each date+hour (I'm using date as streamname today, with 8 hours of content per day)
    Can I create a playlist as smil file if I want to playback 4 hours together, with each entrance of the playlist being a different streamname recorded?

We don't have a tool within nDVR to stitch together recordings. SMIL files are meant for switching between different bitrate streams that are key frame aligned from the same source. While you should not remove parts of your recording, you can use the Wowza nDVR Playlist Request API to create a playlist specifying a specific start time and duration of the recorded stream to play back.

-Lisa