Wowza Community

Does this hardwae works wit wowza Server ..?

Dear Wowza Team…

I’m intending to buy Livestream broadcaster (mashable.com/2012/04/12/livestream-broadcaster)

I’m wondering if I can use it to stream live content to wowza server 3… ???

Thanks

It looks like it is integrated with the livestream service. The encoding it produces is probably supported by Wowza but whether it can be used other than with the livestream service, I don’t know at present.

Richard

I will pass along the suggestion.

Thanks,

Richard

It looks like it is integrated with the livestream service. The encoding it produces is probably supported by Wowza but whether it can be used other than with the livestream service, I don’t know at present.

Richard

I’ve verified from their FAQ that it only works with their service and that is the intent and why they offer this pretty impressive stand-alone device for only $495. It looks like you get 3 months of the $45/mo service included in the device purchase as well. Not sure about contract for service or not, but plan to call them to get more scoop today.

IMO, Wowza needs to partner with someone making a mobile stand-alone encoder pretty quick that competes with this, or they are going to lose a ton of market share. Something that works only with Wowza on EC2 would be an awesome idea. The hardware that does this kind of encoding is becoming pretty common and getting cheaper by the week. The equipment makers still want to charge well over $1k for these devices, but that isn’t going to last. They are trying to extract premiums for a niche market, but those days may be over soon.