Thread: LiveStreamRecord, can a switch turn on recording for multi streams at once.

Question LiveStreamRecord, can a switch turn on recording for multi streams at once.

I am looking to have a switch/button to turn on recording of all streams up to 4 during the live video conferece session. Possibly 2, 3 or 4 people conferences.

So can you help with the logic enabling me to begin a conferencing session with three people and during the life video conference, as the originator, I want hit the switch and begin recording all video streams for that conference session and when ready turn off. It would be great to if I can enable selecting of streams, the ones I like to record during the live session and when hit start all begin recording/archiving at the sync'd time ?

Also what are suggestions for played on these multi video recordings ? suggestions appreciated.

Are you a Flash developer? If so, you can make a Flash controller with a Wowza application module that uses the LiveStreamRecord API.

If not, take a look at the /clientHTTP folder included in the LiveStreamRecord addon package. There is a html form to start recording, but the it works with querystring parameters so you can write a program to start recording of multiple streams.

Multiple simultaneous recordings might require a RAID 0 or RAID 1+0 disk array to work reliably.