Thread: How to return to user the part of the sequence?

Default How to return to user the part of the sequence?

For example, there are video of 640x480. User is connected, and it should return not entire sequence, but let us allow the part of the sequence of 160x140 (x=0;y=0;w=160;h=140)
    Is possible it?

I don't know what you are asking.

Richard

I'm not 100% I completely understand what you are trying to do, but I can see two possibilities:
    #1. You want to display, let's say, only the top-left section of a 640x480 video (from 0 to x+160; from 0 to y+140). The rest of the frame would be filled up with empty space.
    #2. You want to take a 160x140 selection from the 640x480 frame and enlarge it to fill the entire 640x480 frame size.

I will have to try it out to confirm, but just to share some ideas that I have, I'm pretty sure this can be done using the Transcoder AddOn.
    Case #1 can be achieved by using the Transcoder and adding an overlay image on top of your 640x480 video, having cut out from the overlay image the part that you want to have visible.
    Case #2 can be achieved by using <FrameSize> parameter from the Transcoder to crop out the desired section of the 640x480 video and specifying the final dimensions for the resulting video.

Zoran

yes 1.
    but customers can request different areas of the frame
    first client - x=20;y=50;w=160;h=140;
    second client - x=100;y=80;w=140;h=120;
    The main goal is not to stream the entire frame, but only the requested part! To save bandwidth.

Would those different "areas of the frame" be defined by the clients who connect to your stream, or they would have to choose from several predefined ones.
    If it's an area that is defined by each client in particular, I'm afraid that wouldn't be possible to do without any processing of the stream provided by the Wowza server. You would need another application to do on-the-fly cropping for each client that connects to your stream. This extra media processing would use up lots of system resources and would decrease the capacity of your server.
    If there are several predefined "areas", then you would setup a different transcoder for each of the predefined zones, create a stream to connect to those transcoded contents, and feed the client the appropriate stream.

We are doing lots of guessing here. Can you send a short description of your setup and also of the workflow that you want to implement? It would be easier to help you if I understand exactly what you need.

Zoran

There is a panoramic video of large format. If you give it all, the channels are overloaded. The user is the domain for example 360 to 240. And the management of the window frame on the left, right, up, down. Ie it is a real-time moves the visible window in any direction, and gets by appropriate data from the stream.

In order to accomplish what you want, I can imagine a scenario that would work using Wowza.
    The scenario that I imagine would mean that you split your large frame in several predefined zones (mozaic like - 3x3 or 4x3). Each cell of the mozaic would have a transcoder connecting to the common large frame and cropping out only the part of its assigned section, thus having a separate stream for each of the cells.
    When the user moves through the large frame, using arrows, you would know his initial position, and based on which arrow he clicked, your app should feed him the appropriate stream for the new cell he selected.
    A 4x3 mosaic would have 12 predefined zones numbered like this:
    1.1 | 1.2 | 1.3 | 1.4
    2.1 | 2.2 | 2.3 | 2.4
    3.1 | 3.2 | 3.3 | 3.4

Of course, the more transcoders you use, the more resources you need.

Zoran

thanks!