Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ndvr time shifting and recording

Default Ndvr time shifting and recording

Hi
    I have a couple of question's and i was hoping that you can help me we that.

1. I have 7 live streams and i want for each of them to recored the last 12 hours, so that i will alweys have
    12 hours back. will the deletion of older files be automaticly? for example if i recored the 13 hour the first hour will be deleted or should i use my own custom module/script?

2. i want to implement a time shifting mechanizem. there is the
    Wowza nDVR Playlist Request API
    In the document there is an example of
    wowzadvrplayliststart=
    but as i understood it's the time from the begining af the recording
    I want for example 2 hours back from the last point how do i do that?

to do live time shifting, I had to develope your own module for that as it's not only starting 2 hours ago but treating the stream as a live one, with constant update of the manifest

You would have to write a custom playlist delegate class. The provided one doesn’t allow a delta from the last recorded time—it uses an absolute start time into the recording. However, the nDVR Playlist API doc has the code for a playlist and also sample code for querying start and end times of a DVR recording.

We recommend you add logging to your custom delegate during development to verify you're doing what you intend. If you specify an incorrect playlist delegate the default behavior is to return the entire dvr recording.

Richard

Richard anther question

i have set the ndvr with the fallowing:
    <WindowDuration>7200</WindowDuration>
    Name>dvrMaximumRecordingLength</Name>
    <Value>21600</Value>
    <Type>Integer</Type>
    </Property>
    <Property>
    <Name>dvrChunkGroupingSeconds</Name>
    <Value>3600</Value>
    <Type>Integer</Type>
    group of 6 directories with window duration for 2 hours.
    my problem is that after 6 hours i't dosn't delete the older directories is that normal?

Yes, I don't think Wowza deletes anything, content outside the WindowDuraton is purged from the chunklist

Richard

Wowza nDVR deletes chunks outside the window duration when DVR is actively recording something. When folders within the recording are empty they get deleted too. But Wowza nDVR does not delete entire old recordings

Richard

ok i understand now.
    in post #4 in this thread i have mentiond my current configuration but i think something is wrong.
    allthow some directories are geting deleted the numbering is still runing what will hapen after 416 days when the dir name will be 9999?
    becouse it's a live stream with paid customers i can afford stoping the stream or the ndvr mechanizem.

i want to use the recording api for live recording according to epg.
    how can i use that with a timeshift mechanizem ? becouse i want my users to have timeshift for all and also the recording according to epg.
    can i do them bouth at the same time?

The directory numbering will continue to increase the count by 1 when it reaches 9999. I would suggest recording to separate programs so that you can more easily scale and it will also less risky to not have all the programs recording to 1 file.

Which directories are being deleted unexpectedly? Check the contents of the folders that remain. It is possible that there is an .m4fm file, which are written much less often than .m4fa and .m4fv files, that is in a folder related to a current recording. As previously stated, an empty folder will be deleted. Note if ArchiveStrategy set to delete, then if there was a previous recording by the same name, it will be deleted and overwritten with the newer recording.

I think you are asking if you can record with the nDVR recording API and play back live and vod. This is possible and you'll need to manage deleting the older recordings yourself outside of Wowza nDVR.

-Lisa

I have a small problem.
    I have copies the DvrStartDurationPlaylistRequestDelegate from the "How to use Wowza nDVR Playlist Request API" Article and manged to shift time according to the wowzadvrplayliststart parmeter in the url.
    so far so good.
    my problem is that if i dont set the wowzadvrplaylistduration it dosn't work at all. that is an issue becouse i want to build a time shift module
    i want to play from a spesific point but without specifing an ending. can that be done?

I'm not sure, and it is not specified in the guide, but try "-1", which means play to the end of the file or play the live stream indefinitely in other contexts

Richard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast