Thread: Error creating snapshot of stream

Default Error creating snapshot of stream

Hi!

I get an error when calling the transcoderthumbnail provider

called URL is:
    http://ip-of-wowza-server:8086/trans...am&format=jpeg

Error message on the server is:

ERROR server comment 2012-08-07 23:17:21 - - - - - 806319.087 - - - - - - - - HTTPTranscoderThumbnail#GrabResult.onGrabFrame[live/_definst_/mystream]: javax.imageio.IIOException: Can't create output stream!

Any ideas?

Thanx,
    Stephan

Is Transcoder enabled? Is "mystream" the source of a transcoding session when you run your command? Is "mystream" the exact name, or is it "myStream"

Richard

transcoder is enabled, successfully streaming cupertino and rtmp to JWPlayer.

Incoming stream is H.264 with MP3, so actually we are doing transrating to lower bitrates. Is there a special config option to enable thumbnails?

the application and stream names are changed for this public forum. but be assured that I know them and that I am able to enter them correctly in the URL ;-)

Thanx,
    Stephan

Stephan,

Did you change the Application.xml /Streams /StorageDir to a location that Wowza cannot write to, perhaps?

Richard

no, I did not change it. it points to the /content dir.
    I added everyone full control permissions, but nothing.

from sysinternals process I cannot see that it is trying to access the content dir at all.

what else can I do?

Thanx,
    Stephan

Stephan,

First, stop Wowza, rename or delete the access log, then re-start Wowza. Then start the live stream and take a snapshot.

Then zip up conf and transcoder folders and the current access log showing above tests to support@wowza.com.

Include the http url you are using the make the snapshot.

Include a link to this thread for reference

Richard

I solved it, here is the solution in case somebody else has the same problem:

when I ran Wowza as local administrator in console mode, it works perfectly. But when running as server I got the error above.
    It was a file system permission, I run Wowza on Windows and the installer configures the service to run as local system account but the file system permissions in the program folder did not fit to that and looked totally different from other installed programs. E.g. the local administrators group was missing.

I configured a dedicated service account and gave that full permissions on the program folder replacing it on all subfolders and files. then it worked like a charm.

Best,
    Stephan

Great, thanks for the update. Glad it's working.

Richard