Thread: How to check input stream

Default How to check input stream

Is there a way to check the input stream going into wowza before it gets to HLS segmenter? I have a huge problem sending from vlc, ffmpeg, anything excecpt flash media encoder (FME) I can use this all day long and it works perfectly. But if I try to use anything else for live encoding, it just fails dramatically. The HLS work fine, then disconnects the user, and forces the user to reconnect to watch the stream again. I have been fighting with this for a while and I would really appreciate the help if someone could maybe point me into the right direction. If there was a way to check the input stream or see the log for any errors I think I could find out where the problem was coming from. I can deciipher the general wowza log well enough to see any problems, also I tried to enable another log for checking streams but I wasnt able to actually see any problems. Any help here would be great.

Thanks

Hi,

What attributes do you want to check for?

If you have added "cupertinostreamingpacketizer" to the Application.xml /LiveStreamPacketizers, then you will get info in the access log when Wowza starts to packetize the stream. Look for lines like this:

INFO server comment - CupertinoPacketHandler.startStream[live/_definst_/Stream1]
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/_definst_/Stream1]: Video codec:H264 isCompatible:true
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/_definst_/Stream1]: Audio codec:AAC isCompatible:true
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/_definst_/Stream1][mp4a.40.2]: AAC Audio info: {AACFrame: codec:AAC, channels:2, frequency:48000, samplesPerFrame:1024, objectType:LC}
    INFO server comment - LiveStreamPacketizerCupertino.handlePacket[live/_definst_/Stream1][avc1.66.30]: H.264 Video info: {H264CodecConfigInfo: codec:H264, profile:Baseline, level:3.0, frameSize:424x240, displaySize:424x240, frameRate:24.0, crop: l:0 r:4 t:0 b:0}
    And you can get codec info with IMediaStreamActionNotify3

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....es-codec-info)

Richard

Thanks for the help. I was able to figer those out. I get the similar output when I look at my logs. But is there anywhere else to check if there is problems with the segmenter? I can send to wowza using FME "perfectly" but anything else I send to it, the HLS wil freeze and continue, so it has something to do with the chunks being created or delivered. I know its work because FME is working. Any other ideas where to look to identify why the HLS is not liking the input from my tests, i.e. vlc and ffmpeg.

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post

And you can get codec info with IMediaStreamActionNotify3

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....es-codec-info)

Richard
    No idea where to put that code...... Will it give me more details about what I am sending to it via rtmp? and will that output in the log?

Also I was trying to play with blocking certain IP's from accessing my streams, I found someone trying to restream or hijack them, the streams are free, but I havent even given them out and someone is already taking them, so I would like to block their IP address from accessing. I found in linux /etc/hosts.deny but it dosnt seem to work. Any other ideas

For RTMP you can use this:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....-by-IP-address

For HTTP including cupertino you can limit IP addresses like this:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....josestreaming)

The first one above is included in the Wowza Module Collection, so you do not have to build it. The 2nd one isn't, but I will add it. I'll update this post later when I do.

Richard

Actually, I did that already. So that module controls IP for HTTP and RTSP sessions as well as RTMP play sessions (NetStream.play).

Richard