Thread: Wowza and Windows Azure. Is there a setup guide?

Default Wowza and Windows Azure. Is there a setup guide?

This article says Wowza now supports Windows Azure Media Services:
    http://www.wowza.com/news/wowza-anno...media-services

But where is the documentation? I have an Azure account and would like to give it a try.

Hi
    I've had a look around and can't seem to find it either so I'm under the impression that we do not have one or are still in the process of making one.
    I'll flag this up and get back to you when I find some more information for you.

Jason

Thank you for your interest in using Wowza Media Server on Azure. Earlier this year we demo'd Wowza Server running on Azure at NAB. We're still working on this and the final release is not available yet. When it is ready (not sure of the date), we will have updated documentation.
    -Lisa
    Last edited by lisa_w; 08-14-2012 at 10:01 AM.

I'll add that we have had a report back from another user who has successfully used Wowza Server on Azure. Let us know if you run into issues and we'll try to help.

-Lisa

Is there any other source where you could direct us to get more info on what is involved in setting this up?

Quote Originally Posted by babenis View Post
    Is there any other source where you could direct us to get more info on what is involved in setting this up?
    That would be good. I have no idea were to start. Should I setup it as a virtual machine, web site, cloud service... also, they are probably using blob storage, if it's true, how are they doing it?

Default Wowza on Microsoft Azure

Microsoft is telling me that in order to install Wowza on Azure and to make it scalable we need two things:
    1. Scripted, non-visual installer for Wowza
    2. Need to be able to run Wowza under a non-administrator account in Windows
    Any idea if the first one is available or how to create such a script and if the second condition is possible?

Answered same here

Richard

Wowza Streaming Engine now is supported on Azure. See here for more information.

-Lisa