Thread: function calls not arriving at server

Question function calls not arriving at server

Hello,

We are having a problem that sometimes wowza is not receiving calls from the client. It happens randomly. We think it might be a network issue. Does anyone have a hint or experienced the same kind of problem? (we are using wowza 3.1.1 and rtmps)

Thanks!

Hi
    Can you log the calls being made and the times to try and determine if it is random or if its at a specific time.
    Does it deny all connection types or just rtmps?

Nothing has been reported that I'm aware of but it's best to make sure

Jason

I've heard of it before. I believe the solution was to add code to confirm delivery, e.g. a sequential message ID. You can use direct netstream RPC calls to have the client request missed messages.

Hi there,

thanks for your questions - here the answers:

> Can you log the calls being made and the times to try and determine if it is random or if its at a specific time.
    random

> Does it deny all connection types or just rtmps?
    connections are not denied as such. the symptom is that calls from wowza to the flash client don't arrive. and the watchdog kills the connection after 90 secs. (which makes me believe that the pings between wowza and flash don't arrive either)

> I've heard of it before
    Would you please tell me where you heard that? It's very difficult for us to debug as we rely on the underlying tcp/ssl/client server RPC to work

Note on the side: we suspected that Flash 11.3 might be responsible for our bug - as there were reported problems with the sandbox. We downgraded to 11.2 but STILL have the symptom

Many thanks

Sorry, I may be confused.

When you said, "sometimes wowza is not receiving calls from the client".

I thought you meant: "sometimes RTMP shared object updates don't get propagated to all clients."

What do you mean by calls?

If you mean just any old Flash RTMP RPC, then you have to add debugging to figure out what's happening. You could perform many RPC calls until one doesn't get acknowledged. Then check your server and client side packet traffic to see if it's reaching the server.

I don't quite know where the best place to add a logger statement server side would be. The first place possible is best, I think. You want to figure out if each RPC call is reaching the server, and if its data/payload is correct.
    Last edited by randall; 09-02-2012 at 11:41 AM.