Wowza Community

cannot start wowza server

Hello,

I am using developer license of wowza. i had installed it. And started it using windows 7 service. But cannot see the the server running in localhost:1935. it is running in port 8086 but not in 1935. I had check netstat but no one is using port 127.0.0.1:1935.

Help is needed

thanks

Somdeb

That indicates that port 1935 is either blocked by a firewall or not properly mapped in your network (e.g. port forwarding in your router) to your Wowza server

Richard

Somdeb,

I recommend hiring someone in that case, or buying a pre-built chat app. You can write to support@wowza.com to request a list of independent consultants that work with Wowza and Flash, or take a look at these products

Richard

It is very basic but there are VideoChat examples that you can use as a starting place. There is Flash Pro (.fla) and Flash Builder (flex) examples

/examples/VideoChat/client

/examples/VideoChat/clientFlex

There is an unofficial example that was made in Flex 3 and includes a little more in the way of logging in and user presence here

These examples are staring places, there is a not a tutorial or guide to further development. These are Flash client examples.

Richard

Somdeb,

Adobe has in-depth tutorials on AS3, Flash Pro and Flash Builder because these are Adobe products. Our examples simply show how to interact with Wowza from a Flash application. So to learn how to use these tools and Actionscript 3, refer to Adobe resources, and for specific, working examples of Flash applications that use NetConnection.connect and NetStream.play to playback streams, and NetStream.publish with Microphone and Camera objects to publish streams, refer to the Wowza examples. But you will have to ramp up on Flash tools first. If you have development experience with any IDE, you will definitely be most comfortable with Flash Builder (Flex)

Richard

It would be better for you to search around. Start with “adobe tutorials, Flash Builder, Flex”

Richard

Ok i have chaged the port form 1935 to 80 and its running.

Now i want to have the basic coding and tutorial to develop a nine cam video chatting website with room management. Where can i get this and help is needed because i am new to this media streaming project. I am practically a php developer and knows little java and action script.

Help is very much needed because i have to complete the project within 2 months and the i will use wowza monthly license to run the server.

Thanks

Somdeb

Somdeb,

I recommend hiring someone in that case, or buying a pre-built chat app. You can write to support@wowza.com to request a list of independent consultants that work with Wowza and Flash, or take a look at these products

Richard

Actually this development work has been given to me since i am an experienced developer but new to streaming server project. I had first thought of using red5 since it is open source and have a variety of tutorial and also open source free ready made script and that can be customized because of opensource nature. But their support is not so good that’s why i had opt for wowza but i am now thinking though wow za has better support but wowza is very much professional and do not have that much free base script and tutorial from where i can learn little bit on developing using wowza. If i have to buy ready made script and hire professional then why my company will give me money. I will be fired. Thats why i was asking if wowza has good tutorial and free base script otherwise i have no option other than opting for red5 inspite of bad support.

Thanks

Somdeb

It is very basic but there are VideoChat examples that you can use as a starting place. There is Flash Pro (.fla) and Flash Builder (flex) examples

/examples/VideoChat/client

/examples/VideoChat/clientFlex

There is an unofficial example that was made in Flex 3 and includes a little more in the way of logging in and user presence here

These examples are staring places, there is a not a tutorial or guide to further development. These are Flash client examples.

Richard

There is no way for new developer to learn wowza for making custom application. Then how new developer will learn development in wowza?

This is not great if no new developer will come into wowza development then many of us who are new to wowza will not be able to learn wowza development. Adobe has many tutorials for learning flex and also advance development that’s why adobe allways wins. Wowza should create new tutorials for developers to learn this platform so that more new developers get attracted to this platform.

Don’t take it otherwise. I am talking in favor of new developers who are willing to learn wowza.

Thanks

Somdeb

Somdeb,

Adobe has in-depth tutorials on AS3, Flash Pro and Flash Builder because these are Adobe products. Our examples simply show how to interact with Wowza from a Flash application. So to learn how to use these tools and Actionscript 3, refer to Adobe resources, and for specific, working examples of Flash applications that use NetConnection.connect and NetStream.play to playback streams, and NetStream.publish with Microphone and Camera objects to publish streams, refer to the Wowza examples. But you will have to ramp up on Flash tools first. If you have development experience with any IDE, you will definitely be most comfortable with Flash Builder (Flex)

Richard

Richard,

Can you help me by giving some tutorial resources links from adobe that will help me in development.

Thanks

Somdeb