Thread: instance grids to a halt with Wowza start

Default instance grids to a halt with Wowza start

I've got a custom ec2 micro instance that is our development server. After working for over 1 year without problems we now experience major issues once we start Wowza. The java process runs at 99% and grids my instance to a halt. Nothing responds on my instance until I shutdown Wowza.

I did check the performance guide and did follow what was applicable. Is there anything I can do to debug what might be going on?

What version of Wowza, and what license type are you using? Is there a license error in the log files?

Did you know you can start an pre-built Wowza AMI that is a EBS backed volume by using AWS Marketplace? The advantage for your case is being able to turn stop and re-start the instance and not pay for running charges while stopped, only EBS storage fees apply.

Richard

Thanks, figured out I missed something with tuning the memory.

Originally I built my own instance because all the instances did not support EBS. Are all of the instances with EBS now or only specific ones? I can't seem to find any documentation indicating what is EBS backed.

Here is starting place:
    https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/s...=wowza&search=

You can use embedded license, which is like devpay AMIs, or byol which is like lickey AMIs. I think the cost might be a little higher, but not exactly sure if or how much, and of course if the instance is stopped much of the time there should be a total savings.

Richard