Wowza Community

Video Chat between ipad and PC browser

Hi,

I have successfully created video chat application using flash with the help of wowza media support. now i have to create the same application for ipad and can able to chat between ipad and Pc browser. how and where to start. i am a beginner in ios development so kindly provide some support for both server and client side code. can i use same server app (like rtmp://ipaddress/appname) in both or should i write separate server module for ipad?

You can use the same Wowza application if everyone is chatting on the same “Internet chat service” a.k.a. website.

Start with a search for the Livu iOS chat app. They have an SDK available.

I don’t think iOS is ready for audio/video chat. There is not a practical solution that I know of. Stick to Flash RTMP clients

Richard

You can use the same Wowza application if everyone is chatting on the same “Internet chat service” a.k.a. website.

Start with a search for the Livu iOS chat app. They have an SDK available.

Instead of using Livu app in my application how could i create of my own application? Also without handling any cupertino stream from server side(other than specify stream type) How can i receive streams from ipad. In my previous application i dint handle that process since i created for flash.