Thread: Swf protect loading from wowza

Default Swf protect loading from wowza

Hello, first of all I would like to thank everyone for their tutorials and reviews. Thanks to that I could learn a lot. but its the time to ask.

For now I have wowza 3.1.2 locally for VOD.

I've configured the RTMPE and SecureToken But my problem has been setting the swf reading from wowza to add another layer of security.

I have read the tutorial and there are things that do not quite understand. further I found another post like this but do not quite understand what to do.

I compiled with wowzaIDE and I have the .jar in the folder wowza/libs
    I added the <module> to aplication.xml
    but Flash AS3 i do not understand what i need to do (obviusly compile a player to read the other player. not?)

I understand that I have to change "myPrivateFlashApp.swf" for my swf

onNetStatus private function (event: NetStatusEvent): void {
    trace (event.info.code);
    if (event.info.code == "NetConnection.Connect.Success") {
    nc.call ("loadSwf", new Responder (onLoadSwf), "myPrivateFlashApp.swf");
    }

and also change the application address RTMPE :/ /
    public function SWFLoader ()
    {
    nc.addEventListener (NetStatusEvent.NET_STATUS, onNetStatus);
    nc.connect ("RTMPE://localhost/myapp");
    }

someone could post an example of that code is introduced to call the new SWF in HTML? I currently use a <script> but do not understand as it says in the tutorial.
    "...exist on the client machine as an object in the memory ..."

Please correct me if I'm wrong, maybe some concept clear I do not have, or have misunderstood the procedure.

Verythanks.
    lv.

It looks like this loads the new .swf after a successful netConnection: nc.call ("loadSwf", new Responder (onLoadSwf), "myPrivateFlashApp.swf");

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    It looks like this loads the new .swf after a successful netConnection: nc.call ("loadSwf", new Responder (onLoadSwf), "myPrivateFlashApp.swf");
    Randall, take a look the tutorial that i follow. http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...hem-from-Wowza

i dont know how complile the new as3 code... i know i have to change something inside that code.

help

Hi Visualjobs,

There are 3 components at work here. The first is a simple swf on your site that just acts as a loader for your main swf. This gets put onto the web page as any normal swf would do.

The second part is the Wowza module. This receives the connection from your loader swf, does any authentication or other checks and then returns the main swf if everything checks out. It is up to you how you do this.

The final part is your main swf that has all of your proprietary coding in it and you want to protect that. The example could be extended to encrypt the byte array.

When a normal swf is loaded, a copy of that is cached by the browser and anyone can get that cached copy and decompile it. By loading the main swf as a byte array, the file never exists for the browser to cache.

i dont know how complile the new as3 code... i know i have to change something inside that code.
    You need to use something like flash or flex to create the loader swf.