I guess this should be covered many times but it is not working for me.
I have Wowza 2 server and 2 origin servers: origin1 and origin2, is it possible to enable a backup/alternative source origin2 ? If origin1 fails, servers starts streaming from from origin2 source.
I've seen this is possible with live repeater via content file live.stream , simply piping (origin1.stream|origin1.stream) but this is not work for me if origin 2 is direct source, but not live repeater (it failed for me even if it has setup as live repeater).
- Is any way to this simply through piping with no live repeaters?
- Maybe this is possible via modules/addons?
- I also need, that if origin1 recovers, that streaming starts back from origin1 aftter some time
- If seen that via piping it takes 12 seconds, is it possible to lower that time span?
- Maybe I should do that simply in Flash player via playlist?