Thread: Which AddOn Is best for this senario?

Default Which AddOn Is best for this senario?

I think I might know the answer but wanted to make sure. Here is the situation we are looking at:

We would like to stream some live conferences from a video recorder camera and have it streamed live to users around our city. I am not sure if we need to record the conferences, and I was told the person using the camera will be using wirecast that will (hopefully) push the stream to the wowza server, which then stream live to users. Based on this, I was wondering:

if we need to record this live stream from the conferences, is nDVR the solution I would follow?

if we DONT need to record the stream, just have wirecast push it to the wowza server then stream to live users, would I follow "How to set up live streaming using the Telestream Wirecast encoder (video tutorial)"?

Does nDVR allow for the option to turn off recording so that way if we do want to record at some point we can turn that on or off?

Thanks!

Hi
    If you want to record the stream that comes in from the encoder then change the StreamType in the Application.xml for this application from this :
    <StreamType>live</StreamType>

To this :

<StreamType>live-record</StreamType>

It will then record the stream for you and place it in the [Wowza-Install]/content/ directory.
    Note : you can only play the recorded stream when its finished recording when using "live-record".

You only need nDVR if you wish to pause or rewind the video that's while its being recorded.

Jason

Thank you Jason...so essentially I don't need any of the add ons like nDVR, I would just follow the "How to set up live streaming using the Telestream Wirecast encoder (video tutorial)" to make this seniario happen if we dont need to record anything?

and if we do want to record and stream at the same time, is that a solution available from Wowza?

Hi, yes. Just look in the Wowza User Guide in the section "Stream Types". If you use one of the "record" StreamTypes in your Application.xml, the stream will also be automatically recorded. If you need to control recording you'll use a module like the LiveStreamRecord example.