Wowza Community

RTMP Live Stream and Adobe Air, Sandbox Violation on Bitmap.draw

I have an Adobe Air application which plays a LIVE stream from a Wowza server.

My Air application captures video frames and uses them as textures in a 3D scene.

The problem is, I have an intermittent error

(Error #2123: Security sandbox violation)

, when I call Bitmap.draw() on the video component.

If I stop the stream and reconnect every 4 seconds (random time), on the N-th time, the Bitmap draws successfully. Once it draws successfully It works all the way through, until I next time I need to load a LIVE stream.

The problem does not occur with recorded, streams, so I’m convinced its not a configuration problem i.e. in application.xml or crossdomain.xml

The current situation:

• I have set videoSampleAccess to true (*)

• I have loaded the crossdomain policy file.

• Not drawing image when video buffering

PS: When I am running in debug mode, the problem NEVER occurs.

Could someone please suggest a solution.

You are probably doing Bitmap.draw in a NetStatusEvent handler right when you getting some NetStream notification. There’s a trick to this, you need to add a little timeout, then do it. It can be a few milliseconds.

Richard

Hi gdotTheKing,

I wish I could help, but these are the Wowza support forums. Your issue doesn’t appear to be a Wowza side problem. Certainly there is not a certain video frame which differs in security from the others. Your best bet is to investigate this using the Adobe Air support resources.

@Randall: My assumption was that there might be some setting on Wowza I’m overlooking, because I’m not having the problem with FMS.

@Richard: I have an onEnterFrame event handler which does the drawing. I wait till the video is loaded and completely buffered before attempting to capture it.