Thread: Question about RTMP/RTSP conversion

Default Question about RTMP/RTSP conversion

I have wirecast streaming live video from one machine, and wowza server setup on another. I stream live footage from a webcam to the Wowza server, and I can see the video using the flash player in the examples folder from a 3rd machine. I would like to try to view the same footage using quicktime and/or windows media player. When I put the path in quicktime (rtsp://server-address:1935/live/myStream) it says "not found". I am not sure if using RTSP is correct here, as in my wirecast setup. I have RTMP://server-address. Am I missing something in regards to the wirecast program being able to change RTMP to RTSP so I can play the video in quicktime? For Windows Media player, it says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file"

Quicktime is supported and that is the correct form and rtsp is right. WMP is not supported

Wirecast is publishing over rtmp, Wowza handles rtsp out

Run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode instead of the service so you can see log output in the console.

Definitely take a look in logs/wowzamediaserver_access.log and see what it says about your attempted RTSP connection.

In my case, I added 554 to the Wowza port list in Vhost.xml and stream RTSP that way:

In Wowza conf/Vhost.xml:

In Wowza conf/app/Application.xml:
    (or live-record, if you prefer)

In Wirecast:
    RTMP Flash Server
    Address: rtmp://
    Stream: path/to/my/stream

In QuickTime, open:

Note I had to add "_definst_" to the RTSP URL because I use pseudo-folders "path/to/my" in my stream path, although it should be optional otherwise. Worth giving a shot, I suppose.