Thread: Viewer gets audio but no video

Default Viewer gets audio but no video

Some of my viewers complain that they receive audio but no video when watching my live streams. The viewers access from desktop on a wired connections. I have them do a speed test to make sure the bandwidth on their end is good enough. In most cases they have the needed bandwidth. This problem tends to occur during peak viewing. My setup includes an origin server and an edge server. I use FMLE to encode and OSMF player as client. I encode the stream at 500 kbps. My servers are 86 bit and I have 32 gbs of ram on each. My network card is 1 gb.

Hi
    Does the stream start fine and then drop the video?
    Are your viewers doing the speed test at the peak time (when your viewers are experiencing this problem)?

Have you tried a lower bitrate to see if this makes the stream watchable?
    When you're at peak time how many viewers do you have concurrently?
    If you have more than the one stream how many streams are being encoded by FMLE and at what bitrates?

Can you post the logs to see if there is any indication as to what the problem may be.

Jason

Jason,

Yes the stream starts fine. If the user refreshes their screen or leave the page and come back. Chances they won't get video. Once they notify me that they are not able to see video, I ask them to do a speed test and the results are good enough to be able to view the stream. I have not dropped the bit below lower because not all viewers experience this issue. There are 5 or more streams going to the origin server. Average bit rate is 500 kpbs. Avearge viewership is 2,000. The load is shared with 4 edge servers that are connected to two origin servers. How can I email the log directly to you instead of posting?

Hi
    If you wish the logs to be looked at in private then that's fine, you can open a ticket with Wowza by sending an email to support@wowza.com.
    Make a link to this page for reference and attach the logs in your email with a brief description.

Support via email will take over from here.

Jason