Thread: Apple Media Validation Tool / Unable to read video timestamps

Default Apple Media Validation Tool / Unable to read video timestamps

Hi All,

We have noticed the same issue on all bit rate of videos we have encoded when validating using the Apple Media Validation Tool - This is on Wowza 3.1.2:

On-Demand:
    media_1.ts?wowzasessionid=1276328531:
    WARNING: Unable to read video timestamps in track 0; this may be due to not having a key frame in this segment.
    WARNING: Unable to read decode timestamps in track 0; this may be due to not having a key frame in this segment.
    WARNING: Unable to read video timestamps in track 1; this may be due to not having a key frame in this segment.
    WARNING: Unable to read decode timestamps in track 1; this may be due to not having a key frame in this segment.

And this issue was mentioned in this post as well. I wonder if there is anyone who has successfully submitted an app to the Apple iOS Acceptance Team despite the validation tool still warns about this error?

Thanks,
    INS

I think this indicates that there is no video in the first chunk because the recording starts with a audio track but no video. If you are recording with Wowza add this Property to the Application.xml /Streams /Properties list:
    <Property>
    <Name>recordWaitForVideoKeyFrame</Name>
    <Value>true</Value>
    <Type>Boolean</Type>
    </Property>
    Richard

Hi Richard,

There is video contained in the first chunk - This is just a vod where mp4s are encoded by Adobe Media Encoder.

I have received a comment from Apple now:

http://www.wowza.com/forums/showthre...008#post100008