Thread: nDVR record to .mp4

Default nDVR record to .mp4

I noticed the nDVR records segmented files, is there a way to convert them to say a standard .mp4? Or is there a better method to record a live stream into a format such as .mp4 to provide to customer's or archive on a website for on demand streaming?

There is not a way to do that at present. It is a possible future feature, but I don't have a time frame.

Richard

Ok so it's a no with nDVR. Recently I came across an article regarding stream types http://www.wowza.com/forums/content.php?217#streamTypes. There was a stream type for live-record. What exactly does this record? What's the difference between nDVR and stream type live-record? What video format does the stream type live-record record to?
    Last edited by BrianS; 09-12-2012 at 10:41 PM.

If you use StreamType "live-record" all streams are recorded to .flv files. by default. If the stream contains h.264 video and AAC or MP3 audio, and you use mp4: prefix in stream name in the encoder settings, then Wowza will record to .mp4. So stream named mp4:myStream will be recorded to myStream.mp4

The LiveStreamRecord addon/api will record streams on demand, also to .flv or .mp4
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....I-and-examples

Richard

i'm also facing the same problem. i configure the nDVR settings following the document. i'm not able to play the recorded video.

The recording made by nDVR can only be played back through nDVR. The files are not usable otherwise at present.

Richard