Thread: I can't show a live broadcast stream from iPhone

Default I can't show a live broadcast stream from iPhone

Hi! My name is peter... I've just registered here because I'm testing the server and I'm having problems with some things...

I have set all up, I'm streaming fine and if i follow this link using quicktime I do can see the live streaming:

rtsp://myserveraddress.com:1935/live/myStream

But when I try to use the html5 tags to put my video in a iOS web page it just fails, nothing happens... What I'm doing is:

<video controls="controls" src="http://myserveraddress.com:1935/live/mp4:myStream.mov/playlist.m3u8"></video>

I just get a play with a cross over it.

In the config file under the <HTTPStreamers> tag I have the cupertinostreaming, I don't know what else to try...

Any Idea?

Use the same stream name that works in QT player:
    http://myserveraddress.com:1935/live/myStream/playlist.m3u8
    It's helpful at this stage to run Wowza in stand-alone (/bin/startup.bat) mode so that you can see log output in the console.

Richard

Now it works, but I don't understand why I have to use that if the documentation says something different? Why is that? Is this some kind of exception?

Thanks Richard!

You have to playback the same stream name you publish. You never add an extension. You might use an extension in the stream name you publish, in which case include that when you playback.

Send a link to any documentation that indicates otherwise and I will fix if necessary.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by rrlanham View Post
    You have to playback the same stream name you publish. You never add an extension. You might use an extension in the stream name you publish, in which case include that when you playback.

Send a link to any documentation that indicates otherwise and I will fix if necessary.

Richard
    You r right, just re checked the documentation, I mixed to different how-to!

Thanks again!