Wowza Community

Android not able to stream .mp3 file from wowza server

rtsp://stream4.sli.se:1935/ur/definst/mp3:171000-171999/171027-4.mp3 its working with VLC player but not with my android player ?

When you playback in VLC, look at Tools > Codec info? Is there one set of audio and video, or two? If there are two, that indicates that UDP ports are blocked or not mapped properly. VLC is able to failover from UDP to TCP, and that is why you see two audio and two video blocks in that case. However many Android and other devices use UDP and are not able to failover.

Otherwise, it might be an encoding problem. Make sure it is h.264 Baseline 3 or lower video, and AAC audio is recommended.

Richard

This indicates that UDP ports are blocked or not mapped to the Wowza server properly. See #2 under Troubleshooting.

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-troubleshoot-rtsp-rtp-playback

VLC is failing-over to TCP. The android doesn’t work because it is limited to UDP, does not fail-over to TCP

Richard

When you playback in VLC, look at Tools > Codec info? Is there one set of audio and video, or two? If there are two, that indicates that UDP ports are blocked or not mapped properly. VLC is able to failover from UDP to TCP, and that is why you see two audio and two video blocks in that case. However many Android and other devices use UDP and are not able to failover.

Otherwise, it might be an encoding problem. Make sure it is h.264 Baseline 3 or lower video, and AAC audio is recommended.

Richard

Hi Richard ,

The Link I provided is for playing Audio ,sorry for not mentioning it earlier.When I checked Codec Details its showing two streams

Stream 0

Type Audio

Codec MPEG Audio Layer/1/2/3(mpga)

Channels 2

Stream 1

Type Audio

Codec MPEG Audio Layer/1/2/3(mpga)

Channels stereo

Sample rate 44100Hz

Bitrate 128kb/s

Can you please guide me whats the problem.

Kind Regards

Deepak

Thanks a lot for helping me out :slight_smile: I will check that

Found Answer:

Android devices cannot play MP3 streams over RTSP/RTP in any combination (audio/video or audio only). Android devices that support Flash player 10.1 can play MP3 using RTMP or Flash HTTP. When streaming to an Android device using RTSP/RTP, the RTP portion must flow over UDP. Android does not support RTSP/RTP interleaved (RTP over TCP). This means if UDP is unavailable for RTP playback, RTP over TCP will not work as a failover and your stream will not play.