Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restream without using streamamnager ?

Question Restream without using streamamnager ?

Hii guyz
    i have test re streaming using my stream manager as guided in this tutorial http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....such-as-Akamai

but through this method i put rtmp url and channel in my .stream file and then use stream manager for restreaming

but is this possible that i can re streaming without using stream manager just using some settings in my application according to that site from where i want to re stream because i have seen this somewhere but don't know which setting will be use in that application ?
    can any one guide me where i put RTMP of that site in my application and what other things i need to put in application setting ?
    Last edited by realcoder; 09-14-2012 at 06:27 AM.

If you are using StreamType "liverepeater-edge" and only using Flash RTMP clients to playback, then you don't need to use StreamManager. If you have any HTTP clients (iOS, Flash HTTP, Silverlight), then you must start the stream in StreamManager, or /conf/StartUpStreams.xml

Richard

do i have to setup my server as a edge and origin server
    and where i put RTMP of that site in application file for using re streaming without stream manager
    can you provide me the setting of application file for FLASH RTMP clinets

Main thing i want to the setting that if i use my own application rtmp in my player RTMP field

where i put the RTPM of that site in my application from where i want to restream ? (Instead Putting that in .steram file)
    Last edited by realcoder; 09-14-2012 at 07:27 AM.

You can use a .stream file without using StreamManager if you follow my advice above. You can use the full rtmp url in some players, it will work in Wowza examples players and I think it will work in JW Player for the "file" Flashvar. But URL is not going to work in some players, that is why we provide .stream files.

Richard

That's what i want to know exactly that i don't want to put rtmp and channel name in .stream file and even i don't want that people can see exact rtmp of that site from where i am re streaming

So in my application any setting possible where i can mention the rtmp of that site ?

in player show my server application rtmp but exactly i am streaming from other server mean using the rtmp of that server.

The only other way to do this is with StreamNameAlias:
    http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....ameAlias-AddOn

Don't use .stream extension in an alias.

But you can't totally hide the source from the client or user who knows where to look.

Richard

i read all the file in streamnamealias
    but don't understand that
    where i put real rtmp (mean rtmp of that site from where i want to restream ?) ?

and which method is good for me in the given two methods ? in readme file

Use Stream alias map file for streams you are going to start in StreamManager or StartUpStreams.xml

Each line in the alias map file is a rule. The alias is on the left, the actual stream is on the right. The actual stream is the rtmp url

myRTMPStream = rtmp://[server-address]:1935/live/myStream
    Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast