Thread: Transrate SKIPFRAME problem

Default Transrate SKIPFRAME problem

Hi,

I am using a DELL R720 2 processors, 16GB RAM and Tesla M2075. The input (IP multicast) is one HD channel 1080i H.264 (8.5Mbps) and the output is 3 profiles (1000k, 500k and 300k). The problem SKIPFRAME occurs every time and the output stream is very poor. When I modify the file LiveStreamTranscoders ans set disableTranscoderBehindFilter to true, the SKIPFRAME stop and the output stream is very good BUT the stream freeze sometimes...the GPU % used is about 12%. Itīs not hardware problem. I need your help to solve this problem.

ps:
    1. The encoder used is a Broadcast Encoder Cisco.
    2. Network its ok, no packet lost.
    3. when I use PassThru the stream play ok.

Regards,

What version of Java are you using. I was seeing a similar issue when using java 1.7. I switched back to java 1.6u35 and most of the issues i was seeing went away immediately. Also try using patch7 versus the 3.1.2 base build. it works better for me, your results may vary.

I am using java version "1.6.0_31" and wowza version 3.1.2 build 1624. When I can download of Patch7? Is it for version 3.05?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gktekno View Post
    What version of Java are you using. I was seeing a similar issue when using java 1.7. I switched back to java 1.6u35 and most of the issues i was seeing went away immediately. Also try using patch7 versus the 3.1.2 base build. it works better for me, your results may vary.

To get to 3.1.2, first apply this patch

http://www.wowza.com/downloads/Wowza....0.x-3.1.2.zip

Then you can do latest patch, which is 14 at present
    http://www.wowza.com/downloads/Wowza....2-patch14.zip

Richard

The only reason i didnt recommend patch14 is that it wasnt able to even detect my GPU's. I have an open trouble ticket and that issue is being looked at. Obviously his results may be different, but i was told that patch 7 had the new mainconcept updates, and seems to be working correctly for me so far. Ticket 36555 if you wanna take a look at my saga Richard.

I identified the problem origin of SKIPFRAME, the encoder was dynamic B-Frame enabled and when I disabled it the SKIPFRAME stopped. I will test with the Pacth 14 to check if it's work with dynamic B-Frame.
    Ricardo

Both patchs did not solved the problem of SKIP1FRAME, SKIP2FRAME, etc when Dynamic B-Frame is enabled in encoder .