Wowza Community

recorded .mp4 format video file does not play while in live streaming

i start to stream in mp4 format using FMLE encoder to wowzamedia server 3. live streaming video is playing good but the recorded video is does not play while in the streaming time. i check the error log file its throws the execption like this

(MediaReaderH264.open[2]: java.lang.Exception: QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer: File is missing ‘moov’ atom.)

when i stop the streming on that time the recoreded video is playing.

encoding parameters:

streaming format.:rtmp

video format: H.264

You can’t play a file while it is being recorded in Wowza. You need the Wowza nDVR add-on to do something like this:

http://www.wowza.com/addons/wowza-ndvr-addon

this is happening in flv format live and record. while i’m in a live streaming the recorded video file also play in flv formt settings.

i used this settings.

/conf/live/Application.xml

live-record

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/content

${com.wowza.wms.context.VHostConfigHome}/keys

versionFile

false

Boolean

appendFile

true

Boolean

this Application file for flv format.

i tried to configure the nDVR settings in applications.xml file using the mp4 format streaming. again it through the same error

ERROR server comment 2012-09-28 18:47:53 - - - – 136.471 - - - - - - - - MediaReaderH264Cupertino.indexFile:java.lang.NullPointerException

WARN server comment 2012-09-28 18:48:12 - - - – 154.633 - - - - - - - test100.mp4 MediaReaderH264.open[2]: java.lang.Exception: QTUtils.parseQTMediaContainer: File is missing ‘moov’ atom.

ERROR server comment 2012-09-28 18:48:12 - - - – 154.635 - - - - - - - - MediaReaderH264Cupertino.indexFile:java.lang.NullPointerException

In flv format rtmp://localhost/live/streamname.flv this for live streaming

and rtmp://localhost/vod/streamname.flv this recorded file.

this application.xml file working file in both live and record.

i’m enable the nDVR settings for use to stream for .mp4 format.

the live video is streaming good but the recorded video is not playback while in the streaming time.

[jwplayer file=“mp4:test100” streamer=“rtmp://192.168.2.105:1935/dvrlive/” provider=“rtmp”]

i use this shortcode for play the live video using wordpress jwplayer.

but i dont know how play the recorded video for use this settings.

If you record a live stream with these settings (appendFile=true) then later record again, appending to that file, you should be able to play the first part of the recording while appending a live stream to that file. But you won’t be able to play past the end of the previous recorded part of the file.

Rihcard

To record an .mp4 file in Wowza, first make sure the live stream contains h.264 video and AAC or MP3 audio, then all you have to do is add “mp4:” prefix to the stream name in the encoder (or StreamManager if you are starting a MediaCaster stream).

Stream named “mp4:myStream” will be recorded to myStream.mp4

Richard