Wowza Community

Problems with HLS and Panasonic WV-SC385

I have about 15-20 IP cameras running right now. Some are Axis and most are Panasonic WV-SC385. I’ve noticed that I cannot get the HLS stream to work on Android (I’m using 4.1 Jelly Bean right now). I get a “can’t play video” error. However, the HLS streams work fine for the Axis cameras. I’ve also noticed that even though I adjust the max frame rate setting in the Panasonic cams, it always shows up as 29.97 in VLC. The frame rate for the Axis cams does not show up at all. Does anyone have a clue as to why the Panasonic HLS streams aren’t working correctly?

Hi

Can you give us the video and audio codec information of the streams being sent to Wowza from the Panasonic cams?

Are you using the Wowza transcoder in your set-up?

Does the OSMF player, iOS devices or Silverlight play the streams from the Panasonic cams?

Jason

Does RTSP playback work in that device?

Richard

Either one.

Richard

For Android the only reliable option at present is RTSP streaming. I don’t think JW Player is useful in Android. You just open the RTSP url directly in Android browser.

Richard

Do you have the Panasonic cam on a public IP? If so, send a link to support@wowza.com

Zip up and include /conf and /logs folders.

Include a link to this post for reference.

Richard

Did you get an automated response with ticket number? If so, what was the ticket number?

Richard

Sorry about that, I see it now.

Richard

Audio is turned off and video is h.264. I am not using the transcoder at all. The streams work in all players except on Android 4.1. That’s the only issue I’m having. Here is a stream if you want to test it.

http://appnetjobs.com:1935/live/blowingrock.stream/playlist.m3u8

Does RTSP playback work in that device?

Richard

RTSP from the cam or from Wowza?

So after doing some reading, I found out that Google dropped support for HLS streaming with the h.264 codec in Android 4.1. Only WebM video will work. What a stupid decision. Is Wowza going to support this anytime soon?

RTSP doesn’t work in either the stock internet browser or in Chrome using JW Player. It actually causes Chrome to crash. However, http://fl2.viastreaming.net:1935/smrbase/livestream/playlist.m3u8 that stream works fine in both Chrome and stock browser. I have on idea what is going on.

Bump. Anybody from Wowza know why some m3u8 streams work and some don’t?

I figured out something…on the Panasonic cams half of my TS chunks have a negative duration.

#EXTM3U

#EXT-X-VERSION:3

#EXT-X-ALLOW-CACHE:NO

#EXT-X-TARGETDURATION:18

#EXT-X-MEDIA-SEQUENCE:3649

#EXTINF:10.048,

media_3649.ts?wowzasessionid=534878348

#EXTINF:-0.033,

media_3650.ts?wowzasessionid=534878348

#EXTINF:10.048,

media_3651.ts?wowzasessionid=534878348

I noticed this when testing out HLS streams in the new JW6 flash player. The stream cuts out after a few seconds. However, the Axis cams do not do this. Does anyone have an idea why the Panasonic cams do this?

Do you have the Panasonic cam on a public IP? If so, send a link to support@wowza.com

Zip up and include /conf and /logs folders.

Include a link to this post for reference.

Richard

I sent an email on Friday. Has anybody on the support staff been able to look at this?

see here http://mans.io/brand/Panasonic

I hope it will help you