Thread: Insert id3 frames in recording?

1. Default Insert id3 frames in recording?

I'm using IHTTPStreamerCupertinoLivePacketizerDataHandler to insert ID3V2TextInformation frames into live streams for sync between my live streams and external media, and that's working fine.

What I'd like to do is insert the ID3 frames into the mp4 file I'm recording using LiveStreamRecorderMP4, but I don't see any exposed API that would allow me to do to that.

Is it possible to add ID3 frames to the mp4 as it's being recorded?

-Jay

Jay,

You can inject cuepoints into live stream, which will be recorded.

http://www.wowza.com/forums/content....point-MetaData

Richard

3. Default

Thanks Richard, but that only seems to be a solution to adding AMF data for FLV files. What I need to do is add an ID3V2TextInformation frame to an mp4 file recording.

The reason for this is that I'll want to create an mp4 recording of my live stream so it can be played back over HLS and RTSP, which apparently can't be done with H.264/AAC in an flv container.

I don't think this is possible. As far as I know, cuepoints are the equivalent. You would have to get the text values from the ID3V2TextInformation and inject cuepoint with that.

Is this about captioning? If so, write to support@wowza.com and ask about captioning.

Richard

5. Default

Thanks Richard. I've come to the same conclusion... there isn't an exposed API that will let me do this.

It's not for captioning (although I have already implemented CEA608 captioning in another project and it works beautifully). This use case is for sync of media elements in the HTML container under Safari on iOS, which I'm handling with timed text, a quicktime object, and javascript. This works fine during the live event (for which I'm using ID3V2TextInformation frames), but the data isn't recorded in the mp4 file, and I can't use the recorded flv (which does record the AMF cuepoints) for HLS playback

Not a big deal... I've worked around it by extracting the cuepoints from the FLV via FLVUtils after recording, and dumping them out to a JSON object to use for the VOD archive. Not the most efficient solution I suppose, but at least it works for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by jay_charles View Post

It's not for captioning (although I have already implemented CEA608 captioning in another project and it works beautifully).
    jay_charles - Is that CEA608 captioning setup something that you could share? There aren't a lot of solid posts on here with that. That is, unless the approach you are using is to convert onTextData to ID3-tags. That is linked all over the place. Thanks!

7. Default

No, the 608 captioning doesn't use ID3 tags.

It appears that the folks at Wowza are asking forum users to contact support about captioning (that's been the case in all of the forum threads on the subject), so it might be in bad form for me to post any code or details here at this point.

Right, write to support@wowza.com and ask about this

Richard