Thread: Can Wowza restream a Live stream to Edgecast CDN?

Default Can Wowza restream a Live stream to Edgecast CDN?

Hello,

We have a Tricaster 300. We use Edgecast CDN to stream live events using RTMP. We use a single Wowza for the iOS streaming. The problem is we expecting a larger viewing audience for a particular event coming up. Edgecast CDN can now stream iOS, but apparently the Tricaster 300 can not publish the stream to their iOS publishing point. I was wondering since the Tricaster works well with Wowza, sending a rtmp feed to it, and then Wowza streaming Apple HTTP Streaming, if we can use Wowza to push to the Edgecast CDN?

Thanks,

Paulo

Default EdgeCast CDN

Quote Originally Posted by paulooo View Post
    Hello,

We have a Tricaster 300. We use Edgecast CDN to stream live events using RTMP. We use a single Wowza for the iOS streaming. The problem is we expecting a larger viewing audience for a particular event coming up. Edgecast CDN can now stream iOS, but apparently the Tricaster 300 can not publish the stream to their iOS publishing point. I was wondering since the Tricaster works well with Wowza, sending a rtmp feed to it, and then Wowza streaming Apple HTTP Streaming, if we can use Wowza to push to the Edgecast CDN?

Thanks,

Paulo
    Hello Paulo,
    I'm with EdgeCast Streaming Application Support and wanted to address your concern about expecting a large viewing audience while your Tricaster 300 is having publishing issues. I would kindly ask you to open a case with our Support so we can investigate further your account and the reported issue so we can determine what the problem is and quickly resolve it. As for Wowza pushing to EdgeCast there is such option, but I believe it needs to be tested in your particular scenario.

Thank you very much,
    -Mark