Wowza Community

Audio problem restream with teradek cube...

Hello such, I am having a problem with a “ReStream”. Perform all steps in this tutorial (https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-re-stream-video-from-an-ip-camera-rtsp-rtp-re-streaming) and works perfectly in VLC, on iphone and flash. The problem arises because I have a decoder Teradek Cube 400 and that is where the audio does not work alone, the video looks pretty good.

The audio input and video I take a cube teradek encoder via RTSP.

From already thank you!

What is the audio codec? It should be AAC or MP3. Play the source stream in VLC and look at Tools > Codec Info.

Richard

You said it works in Flash and iOS; what does not work, exactly?

Richard

You said it works in Flash and iOS but not Teradek Cube, but Flash and iOS are playback clients.

What is the workflow? Is Wowza the source for the Teredeck Cube, or is it a source for Wowza?

What have you tried? What was the result?

Try using google translate.

Richard

Thanks for the detailed description. So the Teredeck 400 is a STB? Try adding these Property settings to the Application.xml /RTP /Properties list

<Property>
	<Name>forceMPEGTSOut</Name>
	<Value>true</Value>
	<Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>
<Property>
	<Name>rtpWrapMPEGTS</Name>
	<Value>true</Value>
	<Type>Boolean</Type>
</Property>

And follow this guide:

https://www.wowza.com/docs/how-to-set-up-an-application-for-rtsp-rtp-streaming

Richard

Maybe but I don’t think so. That is useful for some set top boxes.

Richard

Hello Richard,

Does MPEGTSOut support by android boxes ?

-Mamoor

In VLC at Tools > Codec Info say MPEG AAC Audio (mp4a)…

sorry by my english… not work in teradek cube decoder… only the audio!

Not work the audio in the teradek cube decoder…

Hi Richard, I have to make a decision about whether to purchase the permanent license wowza but I need to solve the problem posed, could you help me? A greeting.

Hello Richard, in all my queries use the google translator, I’ll try to explain better for me to understand.

The source of the stream is a cube teradek encoder 200, took the video and audio over RTSP and re transmit through the Wowza Server 3, then try to play the output with a 400 cube teradek decoder but I get no audio. This only happens to me in the cube teradek decoder, in other clients such as VLC, Flash, IOS works perfectly.

I will try to plot it best:

Teradek Cube 200 Encoder -> RTSP -> Wowza Server -> RTSP -> Teradek Cube 400 -> Result: The audio does not work, the video works.

Teradek Cube 200 Encoder -> RTSP -> Wowza Server -> RTSP -> VLC -> Result: the audio works, video works.

Teradek Cube 200 Encoder -> RTSP -> Wowza Server -> HTTP -> iOS -> Result: the audio works, video works.

Not if I was clear, I ask you please if you got any questions let me know.

Of course I appreciate the above but I need to define this solution as soon as possible if (Wowza Server) I will serve my clients Teradek.

I send warm greetings.

Just in case anyone comes here in the future looking for Teradek audio issues from Wowza, we had some problems until we matched the audio sample rate of the incoming stream on the Teradek decoder. Once we matched the Teradek’s setting with the 16khz sample rate of the stream, it worked great.