Thread: Live Streaming Problem

Default Live Streaming Problem

Hello , Iam new to Wowza Server, I want to broadcast live in my website. Localy I did it through my IP and Wirecast settings but any other visitor from other pc could not see my live broadcasting.The support told me to create a dyndns hostname which I did : hellastv.dyndns.org , where in my local Wowza installation I have to put the hostname , so configure the flash player in my website and everyone who visit it see the live streaming?Thank you .

hellastv.dyndns.org is not reachable on port 80 or 1935, and does not respond to ping. You have to setup your router to tell dyndns what its IP is. Many routers have built-in support for this and similar services. You will also need to port forward port 1935. There is info for how to do this with many different routers at portforward.com

Richard

Thank you for your answer , port 1935 is open in my router but I must make the port forwarding for dyndns. When I setup the hostname it recognise my IP which it was not 192.168.1.5 but my router IP so I have to use this IP?Thank you again.

You have to use public IP. The 192.x.x.x addresses are the internal IP addresses assigned by the router. Most routers have a way of setting up your dyndns account. I can't really help with the details of that, there are so many routers, but look around the options, search for the router model number and dyndns or look on their site for info.

Richard

Thank you very much I will find the solution.

Richard now if you will ping my dns host you will see that is ping to my IP , what else settings I have to do to Wowza or to Wirecast so I will Live stream through the dyndns hostname? Thank you.

You have to port forward port 1935 to the Wowza server. Look up your server here: http://portforward.com

Richard

My router port is 87.203.109.229 or Iam wrong?The ping return this IP it is correct or I have to create static IP with dns for better?

port forwarding is what you need to do. Read about that, check the link I sent, search for your router there.

Richard

Hello again , Iam sorry to bother you again Richard , I was in hospital for 15 days and now I am trying to fingure how I will find the IP through the url you gave me. I found my router , ok but wowza server as application is not listed what I have to look in this guide to find which IP I have to use?If Iam not a problem for you to answer me please give me your help on this.Thank you.