Thread: MPEG4 ASP or TS/TCP inside RTSP?

Default MPEG4 ASP or TS/TCP inside RTSP?

Hi all, I need something to do, but i don't know is this is posible.
    I send stream to Wowza app with a rtmp connection. Stream is encoded in h264/aac. This is all good...video and audio goes well. Now i need to allow set-top box to connect to wowza and play out stream. Here is the problem: set-top box only supports MPEG4 ASP or TS/TCP over RTSP. Is it posible to force the output over RTSP to be this type??? Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
    Jovan

Perhaps the forceMPEGTSout property is what you need? See the RTMP tutorial for info on enabling this property.

Jovan,

Yes, add these Property settings to /conf/[app-name]/Application.xml /RTP /Properties list:

<Property>
    	<Name>forceMPEGTSOut</Name>
    	<Value>true</Value>
    	<Type>Boolean</Type>
    </Property>

<Property>
    	<Name>rtpWrapMPEGTS</Name>
    	<Value>true</Value>
    	<Type>Boolean</Type>
    </Property>
    Richard

Thanks Randall and Rrlanham.
    If i do this then the output will be MPEG TS over TCP, yes??? RTP transport mode is set to interleave... Just to confirm...
    Last edited by jovan_novko; 10-04-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Hi Jovan,

The decision of whether to use TCP/UDP, which ports, and interleaved or not, is specified by the client, not the server, according to section 12.39 of the RTSP RFC.

This is not something that can be set from the Server side. It is possible to configure a player to default to TCP, instead of the usual behavior of attempting UDP first and then failing-over to TCP if UDP routing is unavailable. Here is a VLC client example of specifying TCP. Note that the RTSP RFC recommends using UDP.

Hi, me again. I was on buisness trip and didn't find the time to check this. Now i'm back and i set these propertys in application file, but this didn't worked, or i didn't do something right. When i open my stream on a ffmpeg to check video and audio with a this command: ffmpeg -i rtsp://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:1935/app_name/stream_name this is what i get:

Stream #0:0: Video: h264 (Baseline) ([27][0][0][0] / 0x001B), yuv420p, 720x576 [SAR 1:1 DAR 5:4], 25 fps, 25 tbr, 90k tbn, 50 tbc
    Stream #0:1: Audio: aac ([15][0][0][0] / 0x000F), 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 73kb/s
    Is this okey? I don't understand what these propertys do exactly?! They just put stream into a mpeg container or what?

Sorry people, but if someone can explaine or push me to right direction?!

Jovan,

Restart Wowza, test the playback with the STB, then zip up conf and logs folders and send them to support@wowza.com. You only really need to send the current access log showing the restart and your tests. Include a link to this thread for reference.

Richard