Thread: Need Help in "ModuleHotlinkDenial". Crossdomain Flash

Default Need Help in "ModuleHotlinkDenial". Crossdomain Flash

I have installed "ModuleHotlinkDenial" module in Wowza Media Server. But streaming works if requests from any server.

I have done the following points, please let me know what i did wrong.

1) I have downloaded the "Wowza Media Server Utility Modules Collection" package from "http://www.wowza.com/downloads/forums/collection/wms-plugin-collection.zip".

2) Copied the wms-plugin-collection.jar from "[downloaded_package]/lib/" into my wowza server "home/wowza/lib/".

3) Added the following code (modules) into "home/wowza/conf/Application.xml" within "<modules> tag.

<Module>
    <Name>hotlinkdenial</Name>
    <Description>Hotlink Denial Module</Description>
    <Class>com.wowza.wms.plugin.collection.module.ModuleHotlinkDenial</Class>
    </Module>

4) Added the following code (property) into "home/wowza/conf/Application.xml" within <properties> tag.

<Property>
    <Name>domainLock</Name>
    <Value>localhost</Value>
    </Property>

5) Added the following code (property) into "home/wowza/conf/Application.xml" within <properties> tag.

<Property>
    <Name>AllowEncoder</Name>
    <Value>FM, Wirecast, WIN</Value>
    </Property>

What's wrong?

Hi
    It looks correct at first glance.
    Did you restart Wowza after making the changes?

Jason

This module restricts what domain or IP a Flash player can be served from and be allowed to connect to Wowza. What are you trying to do?

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by JasonH View Post
    Hi
    It looks correct at first glance.
    Did you restart Wowza after making the changes?

Jason
    The problem is streaming works if requests from any server. But I allowed requests only from localhost.

You can omit the AllowEncoder property value.

Then only Flash applications that are embedded in a webserver whose IP/hostname is listed in the DomainLock property will be allowed to connect.

Remember this is only for blocking "hotlinking". The streams can still be played back via other protocols such as RTSP and HTTP. For controlling other types of play back you will have to use other methods depending on your requirements. You can specify what your goals are and someone can offer a suggestion, or browse through the security section of the tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by randall View Post
    You can omit the AllowEncoder property value.

Then only Flash applications that are embedded in a webserver whose IP/hostname is listed in the DomainLock property will be allowed to connect.
    When property AllowEncoder is empty, you cannot connect to application from FMLE. So you gotta use FM.

But you if you try to connect to application through Flash Player or JW Player, Wowza rejects it. That's why I use WIN property.